Discuss V&B shower mixer - restricting pressure? in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
Just moved into a house with a villeroy & boch shower. Water flow out the showerhead and the handheld are both equally terrible. The pressure and flow at the bath downstairs is OK at about 15L per min. There is a megaflo cylinder.

I'm thinking that the problem must be the shower mixer or the pipe into it is somehow restricted.

Does that sound right and if so do I need a V&B expert or is it a pretty standard plumbing job to fix?

When I say rubbish pressure, if I turn the handheld upside down the water rises only a couple of inches before falling away. I checked the hose and showerhead for blockages or restrictors.

thanks

Corgi Direct - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
B

Burger

Hello and welcome to UKPF, some questions if I may?
  • Do you know the shower head litres per minute?
  • Where is the shower in relation to the downstairs bath?
  • Is only the shower affected?
  • Is the pipework to shower accessible?

OP
U
Reaction score
  • Do you know the shower head litres per minute?
  • Where is the shower in relation to the downstairs bath?
  • Is only the shower affected?
  • Is the pipework to shower accessible?
Thanks for the quick reply

OK so the bath is 15L and the shower 8. There's also a hand shower downstairs that's also 15L

The shower is on the first floor pretty much directly above the bath

No a lot of the basins have poor flow too eg 4-7L. The only decent flow is the bath. Even the kitchen tap is only 6

Not to my untrained eye

B

Burger

Thanks for the quick reply
The shower is on the first floor pretty much directly above the bath
No a lot of the basins have poor flow too eg 4-7L. The only decent flow is the bath. Even the kitchen tap is only 6
Not to my untrained eye
Ok so if you have poor flow/pressure to all other outlets other than the bath, I would suggest if it hasn’t been done recently - obtain a G3 registered engineer to service your Megaflo cylinder and diagnose the issue.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
whats the flow rate like out of the kitchen cold and hot tap?

OP
U
Reaction score
whats the flow rate like out of the kitchen cold and hot tap?
Rubbish. 6L from hot and cold.
I then unscrewed the nozzle and I get 7L from both so hardly any difference. There was a mains outlet right below the sink so I stuck a hose on that and get 15L, same as the outside tap.
Oh the kitchen also has a V&B tap.

W

Welder

Def sounds like a servicing issue. G3 person needed. All unvented cylinders require an annual service for safety reasons.

Reply to V&B shower mixer - restricting pressure? in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor

Test

Top Bottom