Search the forum,

Discuss Using radiator extension tails. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everybody! I need your advice regarding that solution: Distance between two radiator pipes(valves not included) 1000mm,standart sizes of radiators are 1000mm and 900mm.If i put TRV and lockshield valve, i would need smaller radiator than 1000mm(I believe old radiator was around 950-960mm wide).My question is: Would it be a problem to get 2 extension tails(50mm) each and install them on both sides of radiator valves(TRV and Lockshield)? In that case i would need to get 900mm wide radiator.Or there is some another solution i can do?

P.s I have looked for 950mm wide radiator and i cant find them anywhere. I believe my radiator was that old :)

Thank you for your help.

If your pipe centers are 1000mm a 900mm rad with trv & lock shield Valves would have pipe centers of 985mm or there abouts.
The amount you need to gain can easily be done on trv side by using a cut down type extention.

Yes screwfix sell the ones you can cut down eg Tesla ½ - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/tesla-bsp-male-taper-x-15mm-compression-rigid-trv-extension-piece-100mm/599hf

You can either use one valve as normal and then add the extension on the trv end etc

Would need to see the valves but if they look the same as a try eg rad connection is a 15mm nut and olive then yes you can use on either

Reply to Using radiator extension tails. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock