Search the forum,

Discuss Using fire to heat radiators in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My current set up (images attached). I can heat my hot water tank (oldWood Fire.jpg) using the coal/wood fire , however how would I be able to use the fire to heat my radiators (7). I have recently moved into the house and I just cant see how its done. What would I need to buy to enable this?

Image descriptions
Coal/Wood Fire - (oldWood Fire.jpg)
Pipes coming from back of fire (pipes.jpg)
Inputs from fire to heat exchange (as I also have an oil boiler) heatingex.jpg
Red pump, pumps the hot water (from the heat exchange) to the radiators

Any help would be fab, thanks :)

Attachments

• heatingex.jpg
    heatingex.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 17
  • hotwatercilnder.jpg
    hotwatercilnder.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 17
  • oldWood Fire.jpg
    oldWood Fire.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 16
  • pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 13
Not sure how he finds your man, but if he hasn’t got qualifications it’s a “No” from me!
Might be a no from you but it still doesnt change the fact that whoever looks at it, they dont need an unvented ticket to look at a vented cylinder.

As to how OP “finds your man” - word of mouth is best.
An experienced ‘old boy’ will quite likely not have done G3 qualifications- but I’d rather have him for this job than a certificated inexperienced newbie.

Reply to Using fire to heat radiators in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and I believe, they are decommissioning the back boiler. I have only discovered today there is no access to the water jacket, so will it be good enough...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
G
I have a danesmore 20/25 oil boiler and it is firing up but it’s producing no heat to the water or the radiators My next door neighbour an electrician has checked the cylinder and thermostat and they all check out ok so he thinks the problem is within the boiler Can Someone help give me some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back, 2 for hot and 2 for cold, my new house has an open fire and has been used to heat both hot water and rads, but only has 2 outlets, can I T the 2 top...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock