Search the forum,

Discuss Using a small piece of rockwool for pipe insulation. Is it safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning. First of all I say that I am not a professional plumber or anything like that,.I made a lid (a cover cnc aluminum) that I glued with a 5 cm
POLYSTYRENE and attached it with screws at the gas boiler for insulation and protection from frost . I bought a piece of rock wool that I put at the bottom where the water pipes are and i covered the bottom of the boiler. The top i did not cover it.
My point is because I put the piece of rock wool later I found that is harmful to health. They told me that in a long and prolonged exposure to dust there is an issue. We are talking about a piece of 50 to 60 points equally covering the tubes and the lower part as a blanket. There is a matter of health or a problem for the boiler? Anytime soon i will have a baby so i don't want anything to harm . The boiler is at the back balcony of the house.
Thanks in advance.

Picture tells a thousand stories my friend don’t really get what you’re talking about

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1545644787599.jpg_1545644790615.jpeg

The picture is before I install the rockwool .

Wow
What boiler is it??
Is that case removable??
Where in the world are you??
I’d be saying that’s a disaster of an install

Can’t really comment mate. We know UK gas legislation but over there could be and looks like it is a totally different ball game. That would be condemned over here

Don’t know mate as your pic is pre rock wool. I’d be saying as it’s outside then no problem

Better off using space blanket

As if rock insulation gets wet it stays wet

Reply to Using a small piece of rockwool for pipe insulation. Is it safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock