Search the forum,

Discuss Using a customers toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys
Does anyone follow a code of practice when it comes to using a customers toilet for a number 2??

My rule is job must be a 2hr plus!

Can’t imagine turning up to customers to change a tap cartridge, 10 minute job and 15 on the bog!

Also, bog brush or bleach is a must!
Let me know your opinion!

If you need to go then go but be respectful

I just go home never that far away , I use to work with a guy who would always carp into a cust toilet . Mind you same guy use to raid custs fridge and do himself a fry up .

Last edited:
If the customers there only a wee. Other rules no coffee or tea if its a half hour visit...someone knocked a coffee over a white carpet once. Clean socks every day, boots off at ft door for short jobs. Over an hour yes to tea or coffee and boots stay on. Knock on ft door stand back with arms by side...open gestures and smile. Always offer to vacuum then they say they will do it. Take all tools home every night and all rubbish if possible. Arrive at 8.00 am and away by 17.00 except emergency work. Dont park on the grass. centralheatking

If the customers there only a wee. Other rules no coffee or tea if its a half hour visit...someone knocked a coffee over a white carpet once. Clean socks every day, boots off at ft door for short jobs. Over an hour yes to tea or coffee and boots stay on. Knock on ft door stand back with arms by side...open gestures and smile. Always offer to vacuum then they say they will do it. Take all tools home every night and all rubbish if possible. Arrive at 8.00 am and away by 17.00 except emergency work. Dont park on the grass. centralheatking

I think you’re going a bit over the top.

Drinks depends on cleanliness of the house.

Agree with the tools and cleaning up after oneself.

Start and finish should be slightly flexible as per customer.

Always wear over shoes (not the poor quality blue ones decent quality type).

I think you’re going a bit over the top.

Drinks depends on cleanliness of the house.

Agree with the tools and cleaning up after oneself.

Start and finish should be slightly flexible as per customer.

Always wear over shoes (not the poor quality blue ones decent quality type).

I have never worn over shoes cant see the point , just walk I doing a hand stand

Definitely agree with good presentation!
Shoes off, especially if there’s carpet, lots of customers tell you to keep them on but I’m always conscious that it doesn’t take much to tread something in.

I never turn down tea, never know when you’ll get the next one!

Just got my Henry repaired, the chap swapped the motor for a 1200W so always insist I hoover as the things a beast!

Other rules no coffee or tea if its a half hour visit...someone knocked a coffee over a white carpet once. Clean socks every day, boots off at ft door for short jobs.

No coffee if it's only a half hour visit :eek:. I expect a coffee as soon as I walk through the door, even if I'm just there to bleed a radiator :p.

The shoes off I don't agree with, I always wear blue overshoes for little jobs and roll and stroll for anything over a days work. I was reading a post from someone on mumsnet (Don't ask why because I don't know myself :oops:). And she was complaining because she had a plumber round who took his shoes off even after she offered overshoes. Her argument, which I agree with was she didn't want the plumbers possible sweaty/dirty socks walking on her cream carpets.

No coffee if it's only a half hour visit :eek:. I expect a coffee as soon as I walk through the door, even if I'm just there to bleed a radiator :p.

The shoes off I don't agree with, I always wear blue overshoes for little jobs and roll and stroll for anything over a days work. I was reading a post from someone on mumsnet (Don't ask why because I don't know myself :oops:). And she was complaining because she had a plumber round who took his shoes off even after she offered overshoes. Her argument, which I agree with was she didn't want the plumbers possible sweaty/dirty socks walking on her cream carpets.

That’s a fair argument for shoes, always found the overshoes to be no good personally.

We always kick and stick carpets on big jobs ie heating works or bathrooms, the amount of times it’s saved us from black sludge is unreal!!
Miracle stuff

I agree about the coffee. It is the 2nd question when a trades person comes to my house. After how are you? The only time my shoes come off is if I’m there to quote. Fabric covers any other time.

I never take my shoes off

Unless it’s cream I don’t wear overs (blue)

IMG-20190205-WA0001.jpg

Is this the solution or what. Bog standard bucket. Lol

My mum and dad had the electricians in and his apprentice went for a jobbie and not only didn't wash his hands (my mum hears when the tap is turned on and that the bathroom door open straight after the one and only toilet flush) but he skidded the bowl and left an arse pube on the seat.

She's totally disgusted and they are considering not having them back. They had to disinfect all door handles.

My mum and dad had the electricians in and his apprentice went for a jobbie and not only didn't wash his hands (my mum hears when the tap is turned on and that the bathroom door open straight after the one and only toilet flush) but he skidded the bowl and left an arse pube on the seat.

She's totally disgusted and they are considering not having them back. They had to disinfect all door handles.

But when we plumbers have all the water turned off a house, - we also can’t wash our hands, unless we carry water with us, or go to another water supply nearby.

I cant go if I cant whip out the bluetooth mini boombox for some sweet 80's tunes (think laserhawk) or a few videos of something good on youtube, like proper road rage videos with cussing and fighting. Plus a vape with loads of flavour because im not doing anything if I cant do something while im doing something.

Reply to Using a customers toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock