• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Use shower pump for whole house in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

John.g

Could you add a link to where you found this John. It makes interesting reading and like you I would like more intel on this cross over tube.
TIA
Post automatically merged:

Are we talking rubber lip seals or proper mechanical seals Simon.l
Could you add a link to where you found this John. It makes interesting reading and like you I would like more intel on this cross over tube.
TIA
Post automatically merged:

The Grundfos Monsoon has a mechanical seal (see data Sheet)and gives a 5 year warranty, the Salamander, a 3 year, don't know about the seal.

Attachments

SimonG

SimonG

Plumber
Rubber lip seals.

All the ones I have seen have been on salamander domestic units.

Had a body burst on the cheaper stuart turner models as well.

J

John.g

With the pump running with a closed head and because of the check valves then there must be a potential for very excessive pressures due to expansion of the trapped water which is getting hotter.

Maybe no check valve on pump inlet though.

Reply to Use shower pump for whole house in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads