Search the forum,

Discuss Usage of non-barrier PEX in section of radiant underfloor heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

P

plumb-paddy

Hi all.

I have an oil powered underfloor heating system in my house. When the house was plumbed I requested that all of the PEX pipes of the underfloor heating and in the district heating pipe from the boiler in the garage be PEX pipes with an oxygen barrier to minimise the risk of oxygen diffusion occurring in the system.

I have discovered that 3/4 inch PEX WITHOUT a barrier was used to get the water to and from the underfloor heating manifold on the first floor of the house. All other PEX pipes in the underfloor system and to the boiler that feeds the underfloor system are PEX with a barrier or copper. There is about 40 feet in total of this non-barrier PEX in the supply and return to the manifold.

My question is could the 40 foot section of non-barrier PEX used to link to the manifold cause oxygen to accumulate in the rest of the system and impact on the lifetime of the ferrous components and possibly even impact on the life of the other PEX pipes in the system or am I being a little over cautious here?

Thanks,
Paddy.

Bumping this back up to see if anyone has any recommendations on this issue.

Thanks,
Paddy.

Reply to Usage of non-barrier PEX in section of radiant underfloor heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock