Search the forum,

Discuss Upstairs rads only warm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My rads upstairs in bedrooms today only getting warm. The bathroom and ensuite are not used but when trouble shooting today they got red hot when on.

Downstairs rads all get hot very quickly, and hot water works. But rooms only warm. 1 bedroom was cold. I understand balancing a system, but that shouldnt matter if i only have 2-3 rads on upstairs.

I have a honeywell system, hr92 valves and hot water kit, two port to separate hot water and rads. I tried calling for heat and manually opening valves also in rooms and still warm, feed and expansion full and functional. I bled all rads upstairs but no air seemed to be trapped, the pipes in the hot press that I suppose supply the upstairs rads were red hot.

Id love to post a pic but im not sure how

My rads upstairs in bedrooms today only getting warm. The bathroom and ensuite are not used but when trouble shooting today they got red hot when on.

Downstairs rads all get hot very quickly, and hot water works. But rooms only warm. 1 bedroom was cold. I understand balancing a system, but that shouldnt matter if i only have 2-3 rads on upstairs.

I have a honeywell system, hr92 valves and hot water kit, two port to separate hot water and rads. I tried calling for heat and manually opening valves also in rooms and still warm, feed and expansion full and functional. I bled all rads upstairs but no air seemed to be trapped, the pipes in the hot press that I suppose supply the upstairs rads were red hot.

Hot press pipes. Pump new grundfos, boiler grant euroflame, 2 years old serviced in june.

Attachments

• 75C4596D-0A73-451E-94EA-63D5E6559AEE.jpeg
    75C4596D-0A73-451E-94EA-63D5E6559AEE.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 19
Any works gone on since the system last worked ?

Try setting that back to how it was

Expansions vessel pressure is 0, will this affect the heating/rads upstairs

Attachments

• 3839A45E-9618-4F53-8AFD-2466AF56495F.jpeg
    3839A45E-9618-4F53-8AFD-2466AF56495F.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 15
Yes needs to be 1 bar so might be just low water pressure

Ok i thought i had found my issue with my heating. Boiler pressure is 0.5 bar rather than 1.5. I found the ‘filling loop’ in the hot press but its not connected to the mains. its connected to the old header tank from when the system was open vented.

So the loop is showing no pressure at all. And there was no filling loop in the boiler either. The boiler is on high and new grundfos pump wont pump water upstair or if it does barely to 1 radiator. I have settled with the plumbing company who did the install as they gave us over a year of hassle and heating not working, no ive bled the radiators etc and it seems i have no way to re-pressurize the system.
I attached pictures from the grant use manual of whay i should have vrs what i got.

Attachments

• 3D7766AF-371E-432F-A461-AF38BF5C374C.jpeg
    3D7766AF-371E-432F-A461-AF38BF5C374C.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 12
  • F7FD4E62-684A-4ABF-8823-ECE7B5270899.jpeg
    F7FD4E62-684A-4ABF-8823-ECE7B5270899.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 8F6D034C-E4A7-4D1D-A25B-F0984F74AE81.jpeg
    8F6D034C-E4A7-4D1D-A25B-F0984F74AE81.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 5C9BF847-43F1-4E90-8B63-3A7D873A2ED3.jpeg
    5C9BF847-43F1-4E90-8B63-3A7D873A2ED3.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 14
There’s a filling loop where the guage is black lever and the other end eg follow the flex a screwdriver slot ?

You sure they just haven’t connected mains from the ball valve to the outlet ?

Yes, plumber must have thought that as the mains feed when we was fitting vessell.

Strange thing just happened after rads upstairs not working, i turned on hot water also, zoned by a 2 port valve on cylinder feed. The radiators then got hot, but master bed was gurgling loudly. I bled all rads this week and didnt hear any air escape.

I had this issue after our install, a pipe was capped or something and upstairs rads only worked with HW being on. Hasnt been an issue though in over a year.

Need to get it sorted you shouldn’t run the system unt you have pressure in it

Reply to Upstairs rads only warm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock