Search the forum,

Discuss Upstairs radiators only work when HW is on in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

Weird issue i am having with central heating. I thought it was a pressure issue as rads upstairs were heating intermittently or just getting warm sometimes while rads downstairs are hopping.

I have found that upstairs rads only work when hot water is turned on. Its zoned with a 2 port smart valve on hot water feed to the coil. So i locked level at the rear of valve and now all rads upstairs get really hot. They get warm sometimes with HW off, or just small rads work like ensuite and bathroom.

Im not sure how long its been an issue, as we have hot water on each evening with the bedrooms in use then heating off until morning when we are downstairs.

I know its a weird one hopefully there is an obvious easy fix as i am smashed.

Thanks lads

• System grant euroflame 70/90 2 years old with new pump.
  • Honeywell evohome with hot water kit(2 port valve) and hr92s on each radiator(13)

Attachments

• AC8BAA73-6DB5-4138-9406-FB6D0F085AE8.jpeg
    AC8BAA73-6DB5-4138-9406-FB6D0F085AE8.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Upstairs radiators only work when HW is on in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock