Search the forum,

Discuss Upside down cistern fill valve.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

On a job today and asked to change the WC cistern, supplied by customer from a supposedly 'better' online bathroom supplier.
The instructions looked a bit suspect as if translated direct from Chinese.. Anyone seen one of these before??
The inlet valve(pictured). No it is not upside down.. The shut off valve is actually at the bottom thus totally submerged under the water. Suspecting :eek: this did not comply with the air gap I refused to fit. And changed the fitting for wras approved ones.
How are these big companies allowed to sell these.
20190226_180012.jpg

So would this get WRAS approval.

Some Wras approved products still need installation requirement notes (IRNs). Eg an inlet valve can be wras approved and yet needs a double check valve as it doesn’t meet the back flow requirements, but it does meet the materials in contact with water requirements and can therefore be wras approved.

On the subject of bottom entry inlet valves, I recall someone on the forums fairly recently posting an advisory they had (from where I cannot remember, maybe the water supplier?) been sent in writing that even the "top notch" fluidmaster pro valves now need a double check valve installed on the supply. They were getting reports of blue water in the mains supply caused by blue cistern blocks (blocks of the devil) and water back flowing into the mains and dying the water blue.

Does anyone else remember this?

On the subject of bottom entry inlet valves, I recall someone on the forums fairly recently posting an advisory they had (from where I cannot remember, maybe the water supplier?) been sent in writing that even the "top notch" fluidmaster pro valves now need a double check valve installed on the supply. They were getting reports of blue water in the mains supply caused by blue cistern blocks (blocks of the devil) and water back flowing into the mains and dying the water blue.

Does anyone else remember this?

On good valves there is a line (can't remember its name HELP!) where you must install so this is 25mm (if mem serves) above the fill line. As so few people did it, or even knew of its existence, I suspect this is to 'replace' or supplement that.

Really Shaun??? WRAS appro can come with caveats. RP01 etc. It is up to the installer to satisfy that they comply with the approval details.

Yea so it would be approved / comply without extras being installed

Yea so it would be approved / comply without extras being installed

Sorry. Confused. WRAS approval may be granted even though it requires additional/supplementary work in order to comply such as double check valves (R160).

Take the B24011 NABIS & B24007 NABIS. Each of these require a double check valve to comply with their WRAS approval (#1407087), YET neither is supplied with one.

Sorry. Confused. WRAS approval may be granted even though it requires additional/supplementary work in order to comply such as double check valves (R160).

Take the B24011 NABIS & B24007 NABIS. Each of these require a double check valve to comply with their WRAS approval (#1407087), YET neither is supplied with one.

Yes so install one without it it doesn’t comply / have wraps approval as the bits required for wras approval arnt fitted

could not find any wras approved indication. Just a bit on the bottom ''Producting of china top standard'' ..did not convince me of quality o_O

Mr Ray, why you no fit our walve? Very good walve Mr Ray!

I love Chinglish, it’s an amazing place to work if you ever get the chance. They’d much rather you bribed them to say whatever you’re there to fix is fixed than actually fix the thing in my experience.

Reply to Upside down cistern fill valve.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, does anyone know of a side fill valve that works in very low pressure situations? I installed two separate new side fill valves on my concealed cistern today, a Fluidmaster and a Dudley, both didn't seal properly. From reading reviews and forums it looks like it's due to the very low...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, It may be coincidence but not long after getting oil fired central heating fitted to older ex-council property (fireplace and necessary plumbing torn out/replaced as required) every time toilet is flushed it sounds like a foghorn. Vibrations run through house and can be heard clearly...
Replies
Views
SaintSinner
S
I have an issue with my concealed Ideal Standard Conceala cistern Just don't seem to be able to fix this - the problem is intermittently that the inlet valve will dribble, making a hissing noise. It's been doing this for a while and assumed it was because the syphon seal was leaking very...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have a 2013 Better Bathroom wall mounted cistern. The inlet valve (?) on the left side has been dripping and - we think - overfilling the cistern so it then leaks through a joint in the cistern. Picture of the valve unit is below. My question is whether there is any way to track...
Replies
Views
Flomasta fill valve bottom entry with brass shank, v 1.1 Looks great but the instructions say the cistern thickness at the bottom mounting point must be min 8.5mm. Just a diagram - doesn't say why. My cistern is a concealed one made of polythene or something like it, and is only 5mm thick...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock