Search the forum,

Discuss Uponor UFH, do i have a stuck valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Thanks all in advance for any advice! (excuse my terminology - I am a basic DIY-er, but like to work things out)

I have a wet uponor UFH system. I am getting hot water to the valve in the picture attached, but it is not passing through the valve to the underfloor pipework. The underfloor system is calling for heat - the pump is triggering when the thermostats call for heat, but i cant get the hot water to feed. So in essence, the system is pumping round room temperature water (20c), and is not getting the top up from my hot water inflow.

i THINK the problem is this valve (is it called a manifold?). Hot water will not pass through. I have removed the casing, and the pin does operate freely up and down (whatever that does?!). I have also taken a photo of the inside as best i can. How do i know if this is broken? Is it as simple as replacing this part? I can isolate the flow with a valve upstream, would I just remove & replace?!

HELP (cold and frustrated)

valve1.jpg

valve_casingoff.jpg

valve_casingoffinside.jpg

pumpandtemp.jpg

The thermostatic valve could be stuck, the pump could be seized, the heads or flow restrictors could be blocked/ stuck. Or there could be a problem with the thermal heads not working/ getting power.
All this needs systematically testing to see where the fault lies.

Does the OP have two thermostatic valves?
There is a Tapstat/ Drayton RAVI type thing, plus the blue Uponor mixing valve. Am I wrong?
This seems unusual. I wonder if the Uponor valve has previously failed and the Tapstat-type thing was a workaround?

Some Uponor manifolds have the thermostatic valve like that. It remote senses the manifold flow temp.

in the second pic does the pin move up and down easily ?

Now fixed.
Thanks all, in the end i troubleshooted valve by valve, one of the nuts had an allum key and i was able to free the flow by turning that. I'm not sure what or how, but its fixed.

I will definitely tap this forum in the future, great find!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Uponor UFH, do i have a stuck valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock