Search the forum,

Discuss Uponor UFH, do i have a stuck valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Thanks all in advance for any advice! (excuse my terminology - I am a basic DIY-er, but like to work things out)

I have a wet uponor UFH system. I am getting hot water to the valve in the picture attached, but it is not passing through the valve to the underfloor pipework. The underfloor system is calling for heat - the pump is triggering when the thermostats call for heat, but i cant get the hot water to feed. So in essence, the system is pumping round room temperature water (20c), and is not getting the top up from my hot water inflow.

i THINK the problem is this valve (is it called a manifold?). Hot water will not pass through. I have removed the casing, and the pin does operate freely up and down (whatever that does?!). I have also taken a photo of the inside as best i can. How do i know if this is broken? Is it as simple as replacing this part? I can isolate the flow with a valve upstream, would I just remove & replace?!

HELP (cold and frustrated)

valve1.jpg

valve_casingoff.jpg

valve_casingoffinside.jpg

pumpandtemp.jpg

The thermostatic valve could be stuck, the pump could be seized, the heads or flow restrictors could be blocked/ stuck. Or there could be a problem with the thermal heads not working/ getting power.
All this needs systematically testing to see where the fault lies.

Does the OP have two thermostatic valves?
There is a Tapstat/ Drayton RAVI type thing, plus the blue Uponor mixing valve. Am I wrong?
This seems unusual. I wonder if the Uponor valve has previously failed and the Tapstat-type thing was a workaround?

Some Uponor manifolds have the thermostatic valve like that. It remote senses the manifold flow temp.

in the second pic does the pin move up and down easily ?

Now fixed.
Thanks all, in the end i troubleshooted valve by valve, one of the nuts had an allum key and i was able to free the flow by turning that. I'm not sure what or how, but its fixed.

I will definitely tap this forum in the future, great find!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Uponor UFH, do i have a stuck valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock