Search the forum,

Discuss UPONOR`S NEW Q&E SHRINK FIT PEX PIPE SYSTEM in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

I hope that bringing attention to this `New product` from Uponor does not break any Forum rules ?

It is basically a new Pex pipe system where the user fits a `Collar` to the end of a piece of pipe [to limit the amount of pipe diameter expansion] - then expands the pipe diameter using a cordless `Pipe Expander` tool - then just pushes the fitting into the expanded pipe end - the pipe then `shrinks back` to its original size creating a water tight joint - presumably within just a few seconds ?

Here is a link to a Video about making the joints - there was no sound when I watched some of it - I think that I watched enough to see what is involved - hopefully my brief description above covers the basic principles:

I receive regular Emails about articles in the `Installer online` Magazine and this new product alert was in the latest Email - here is the Installer online webpage related to this:

Watch How to install Uponor's Q&E Shrink-Fit PEX pipe fitting system - Installer Online

What do Members think of this new Pex pipe system ?

Chris

Well it would be ok if uponor actually returned my emails and phone calls about buying some / who stocks it and maybe speaking to the rep, even tried texting the rep nothing :D

I've given up but looks a good product think it's been out for around 10 years in the uk

Hello Shaun,

What You describe is ridiculous for a product which You wrote has been in the UK for 10 Years.

I will admit that because I would never be using any Pex pipe systems I would not have been looking at the various systems / Manufacturers adverts etc.

I have not been aware of this system already having been available in the UK for all of those years but I accept your experience / statement on that.

But I do find it strange that Uponor seem to be suggesting that this `Q&E Shrink Fit` jointing system is a `New innovation`.

Chris

Hello Shaun,

What You describe is ridiculous for a product which You wrote has been in the UK for 10 Years.

I will admit that because I would never be using any Pex pipe systems I would not have been looking at the various systems / Manufacturers adverts etc.

I have not been aware of this system already having been available in the UK for all of those years but I accept your experience / statement on that.

But I do find it strange that Uponor seem to be suggesting that this `Q&E Shrink Fit` jointing system is a `New innovation`.

Chris

yea you noticed theve got two websites for q and e :D

new to our market i think there trying to say i may be wrong but i think there the only one in the uk atm thats got a product like it

Hello again Shaun,

I know that should probably post this in a different section of the Forum - but as it has affected my posting these messages I wanted to bring it to your attention.

I have had problems recently with Forum Error Messages when posting my messages:

Recently although I am Logged in to the Forum when I go to post a message I get a Form Error Message stating something like `You must be logged in to do that` - sometimes after I logged in again my message was posted but on other occasions my message was lost.

As I type with only one finger losing a very long message was irritating so now I am Copying all of my messages before posting them so that I can Paste the message if it gets `Lost` because of the Forum Error Message / me having to Log in again.

However I am sure that this must be happening to other Members as it is definitely a `Forum issue` re. the Error Messages - as opposed to anything to do with my Computer / Browser etc.

Have You heard about this before ?

Chris

P.S: I got the same Error Message when I tried to post this message.

I’ve been using it for all new build installs for 7 years. It wasn’t new then!
I get it from plum Center. It’s in their catalogue.
Never had a problem with it and would recommend it to anyone.

Hello again Shaun,

I know that should probably post this in a different section of the Forum - but as it has affected my posting these messages I wanted to bring it to your attention.

I have had problems recently with Forum Error Messages when posting my messages:

Recently although I am Logged in to the Forum when I go to post a message I get a Form Error Message stating something like `You must be logged in to do that` - sometimes after I logged in again my message was posted but on other occasions my message was lost.

As I type with only one finger losing a very long message was irritating so now I am Copying all of my messages before posting them so that I can Paste the message if it gets `Lost` because of the Forum Error Message / me having to Log in again.

However I am sure that this must be happening to other Members as it is definitely a `Forum issue` re. the Error Messages - as opposed to anything to do with my Computer / Browser etc.

Have You heard about this before ?

Chris

P.S: I got the same Error Message when I tried to post this message.
Best to stay logged in then, more so for you as you continue with the looong posts. ;)

Hello rpm,

You have obviously not understood the details in my message describing the problem that I am having re. receiving the Forum Error messages.

I am already Logged in when I am writing and trying to post my recent messages but when I try to post the messages an Error Message onscreen `Box` appears stating `You must be logged in to do that`.

Although I never `Log out` I always check that I am still logged in when I come to the Forum and if I have been Logged out / `Timed out` I Log in straight away.

The Forum Error Messages have appeared on every occasion except one when I have tried to post a message tonight - including when I have needed to Edit a message.

Chris

Hello rpm,

You have obviously not understood the details in my message describing the problem that I am having re. receiving the Forum Error messages.
Chris
Hi,
Nope don`t think I have obviously misunderstood anything Chris, are you using the tiny stay logged in box, this works for me so don`t think it is a forum issue as you call it.

Hi,
Nope don`t think I have obviously misunderstood anything Chris, are you using the tiny stay logged in box, this works for me so don`t think it is a forum issue as you call it.

Hello again rpm,

I always tick the `Stay logged in` box.

As I previously wrote I cannot imagine that anything on my Computer or my Browser could generate a Forum Error Message that is stating that I am NOT logged in as the message states `You must be logged in to do that`.

Because I believe that my Computer or Browser cannot be producing this Error Message I feel that it must be a `Forum issue` ?

Chris

No problem found this morning on the laptop, the tablet or the phone.
(Sincerely trying to help you Chris)

Hello again rpm,

I always tick the `Stay logged in` box.

As I previously wrote I cannot imagine that anything on my Computer or my Browser could generate a Forum Error Message that is stating that I am NOT logged in as the message states `You must be logged in to do that`.

Because I believe that my Computer or Browser cannot be producing this Error Message I feel that it must be a `Forum issue` ?

Chris
You're not clearing your search history by any chance? You need to log in next time if you do.

You're not clearing your search history by any chance? You need to log in next time if you do.

Hello fixitflav,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The only time that I cleared my Search history & Cookies during the time that I have been experiencing these Error messages was last night when Moderator Member Shaun suggested it.

I received the Forum Error Messages again after I logged in again after that - stating `You must be logged in to do that` when I was posting messages.

Chris

P.S: I did not get the Error message when posting this or my previous message to Member rpm today.

Reply to UPONOR`S NEW Q&E SHRINK FIT PEX PIPE SYSTEM in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock