Search the forum,

Discuss Upgrading Worcester Bosch 440 CDi ERP to weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

SteveV

Hello everyone,

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 440CDI ERP installed in my cellar with EPH room thermostats, for 2 zones of heating in my house. These controls are a bit basic as they only allow one temperature and basic on/off times.

I have seen the FW100 weather compensating controller and wonder if this will save me anything on my gas bill.

So my questions are:

1. Is the FW100 any good?
2. Can it be installed into the boiler fascia when the boiler is in the cellar, rather than the main living space?
3. Are any other sensors required or recommended in the house?
4. Can I just remove the wiring from the EPH programmer to the boiler or is there other reconfiguration needed?

Cheers,

Steve

1. Is the FW100 any good?
Don't know but it should still help you make some savings, compared to smart controllers like Nest, Hive and Tado it does look dated.

2. Can it be installed into the boiler fascia when the boiler is in the cellar, rather than the main living space?
Looks like it but double check with WB.

3. Are any other sensors required or recommended in the house?
There will be a sensor to be wired in and attached to the north face of your property.

4. Can I just remove the wiring from the EPH programmer to the boiler or is there other reconfiguration needed?
If it slots into the boiler facia it will be plug n play if not you'll have to wire it up like your existing controller.

Reply to Upgrading Worcester Bosch 440 CDi ERP to weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all. I recently upgraded our CH system, but rather than the expected drop in gas consumption, Octopus is saying we're using roughly 30% more! The installer has said they can downrate the boiler, but to my mind that addresses maximum consumption, not any inefficiencies there may be relating...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, thanks for having me. Tomorrow I am getting an ATAG i28C installed but, unfortunately, the gas engineer that will fit it is not an ATAG partner. Therefore, I spent the weekend trying to understand a bit more about what options I would have to control the...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all I have a Worchester Bosch greenstar 32CDi combi with an S plan, 3port for UFH downstairs (4 zones) via manifold & mixer valve, & upstairs 4 rad system, with towel radiator always open for a bypass. I have a full tado system that is basically set to relay on/off when any thermostat...
Replies
Views
StuckWithUFH
S
  • Question
Hi I've just had my annual maintenance check on my boiler (in title), it will be 8 years old in May this year and is (I think) still under guarantee as I get it checked annually with British Gas (they installed it and said the guarantee would be extended until it is 10yr old if I kept the annual...
Replies
Views
I'm wanting to install weather comp on my Baxi Platinum+ system boiler (GC No: 41-470-95). This is because the house is heated using underfloor heating which is mixing down to 35c but the boiler is set to 70c to heat the unvented cylinder up to 60-65c. The idea is to select a curve more suited...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock