Search the forum,

Discuss Upgrading the forum in a few weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I'll be upgrading the forum in a few weeks. Giving you a heads up now so by the time I do it, most regulars should know about it.

Comes with the ability to uploads videos directly into threads and posts. My server guy isn't too happy about that. Bandwidth will skyrocket. Ha

Due to the lack of trust of facebook and Google (YouTube) who datamine. We will be avoiding most of their services. And for ads, we will anonomize all your IPs and connection points. Like a VPS router would at home.

We will be removing the login using facebook Twitter and Google. So we keep your data with us.

Those of you in Facebook groups really need to consider what data you post on Facebook in general. It's freakishly weird how much they collect.

So this next change will largely be around securing your data with us. Never sharing it. And the immense amount of features the new software come with in the box is cool as hell. More on that later.

Hugs and kisses.

Dan and @Lou

I'll be upgrading the forum in a few weeks. Giving you a heads up now so by the time I do it, most regulars should know about it.

Comes with the ability to uploads videos directly into threads and posts. My server guy isn't too happy about that. Bandwidth will skyrocket. Ha

Due to the lack of trust of facebook and Google (YouTube) who datamine. We will be avoiding most of their services. And for ads, we will anonomize all your IPs and connection points. Like a VPS router would at home.

We will be removing the login using facebook Twitter and Google. So we keep your data with us.

Those of you in Facebook groups really need to consider what data you post on Facebook in general. It's freakishly weird how much they collect.

So this next change will largely be around securing your data with us. Never sharing it. And the immense amount of features the new software come with in the box is cool as hell. More on that later.

Hugs and kisses.

Dan and @Lou
Lovely. That explains the radio silence mate.

Cheers both

D234CDE5-42D8-483C-B0F7-9CEEC7CADAA5.jpeg

Bandwidth , skyrocket, IP’s , VPS etc etc , its funny I thought you should be doing something about it .
Go UTT , WAHLS , JSBA .

Is this GDPR related or do you just not trust Facebook/Google etc? I’m a fellow sceptic but I kind of think the genie is out of the bottle now. I also kind of like having adverts for stuff I may actually buy rather than Saga cruises and female hygiene products.

Reply to Upgrading the forum in a few weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock