Search the forum,

Discuss Upgrading hand tools in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

After not doing plumbing for alot of years my tools could probably do with an upgrade eg my bacho 10,12 inches open about as wide as a 6inch wide jaw now.
I see the armeg jaws for taps so probably going pick up them.
Also see knipex adjustable wrench that looked good.
Any tool ideas to make life easier and how you use it im interested in hearing them.

Yep, I’m a big knipex fan myself. The flat jaw one, that’s advertised as a wrench I have, and is very good. I also have the small knipex pump pliers and larger of them use them often. Still own footprints, for just in case. Had expensive and cheap screwdrivers, so pot luck with them.

Haven't had to replace/renew plumbing tools in nearly 20 years. Each to their own but Rothenberger tools have been good to me.

After not doing plumbing for alot of years my tools could probably do with an upgrade eg my bacho 10,12 inches open about as wide as a 6inch wide jaw now.

Unless they are damaged I can't believe they can't be made to open fully again or the jaws and mechanism replaced, spares are avaialble.

Had a pr of Knipex 250 bilateral grips (flat/smooth jaws), wife bought them for me birthday couple of years ago, about £50. Left them on the job a few weeks ago never to be seen again o_O. They've recently launched a 300mm pair.

Also got a pr of Knipex Cobra 300mm they're brilliant, larger and smaller available.

If it was me I'd like to only buy Bahco, Knipex, REMS, Rigid, Teng, Wiha, Wera etc however there are other tools out there too.

There's a brand new set of knipex cobra 300mm behind a bath panel in north London which I think about every time I drive past the house.😭

I feel your pain. By the time I remembered where they were I'd bought new and it wasn't worth going back and pulling the panel off. Maybe one day I'll be called back and I'll get an opportunity to bring them home. Maybe, one day...

I hate leaving any tool I’m used to, even if it was cheap, because sometimes when you come to replace it, they’re no longer available.

I was tidying up and old toolbox and found a pair of compression fitting spanners, you now the ones made out of press steel and oversized so you can get them easily on a nut. Trouble is I found they they also easily slip off if not perfectly square, anyone still use those, they might he more use if I spot weld them together and add some thickness?

I don't think you can fault Bahco chrome plated adjustable spanners. They don't rust like others, I've got ones that have survived 5 years in industry.

I'd always buy Knipex grips too, Rothenberger just buy stuff in and stick their badge on it, I've found their quality variable as best.

The Armeg jaws I think you mean are basically a fancy but comprehensive set of basin tap wrenches.

Someone, had me cobras and vicegrips the other day. That's the trouble, everybody else likes 'em too.

Reply to Upgrading hand tools in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock