Search the forum,

Discuss Upgrade Heating controls to Honeywell Evohome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an existing heating system and am looking for a heating engineer to upgrade my system to use Honey Evohome controls.

I have 4 radiators/towel rails that do not have TRVs and these need to be replaced.

There are 13 radiators in all (including those mentioned). There is an un-vented hot water cylinder located in the garage which is heated from the boiler also located in the garage.

There is an existing thermostat in the hall that would be an ideal location to fit the Honeywell controlled.

I have looked at the Honeywell installers on their site but they are either too busy to come and quote or have not responded. I have been searching for an installer for several weeks,

I know approximately how much the Honeywell components are and am aware that this is a "Rolls Royce" solution but from research it is the solution that meets my all requirements.

Please contact me if you are interested in quoting for this work. The boiler is about 5 years old and is due for a service.

I have an existing heating system and am looking for a heating engineer to upgrade my system to use Honey Evohome controls.

I have 4 radiators/towel rails that do not have TRVs and these need to be replaced.

There are 13 radiators in all (including those mentioned). There is an un-vented hot water cylinder located in the garage which is heated from the boiler also located in the garage.

There is an existing thermostat in the hall that would be an ideal location to fit the Honeywell controlled.

I have looked at the Honeywell installers on their site but they are either too busy to come and quote or have not responded. I have been searching for an installer for several weeks,

I know approximately how much the Honeywell components are and am aware that this is a "Rolls Royce" solution but from research it is the solution that meets my all requirements.

Please contact me if you are interested in quoting for this work. The boiler is about 5 years old and is due for a service.

Where abouts are you located in the country?

Too far away for me mate. But also have a look at the new Drayton version. Only came out last week I believe.

Edit due to typo

Thanks for the information about Drayton. My boiler is not a combination boiler (Worcester Bosch Greenstar) so it is not suitable.

I am also concerned that it appears to need an App to provide functionality equivalent to the Honeywell system. I am interested in the potential having an App be able to remotely control my heating but I don't want a system that depends on the Internet.

By profession I am a network security consultant and very concerned about what information is presented over the Internet and what it can reveal about any property it is installed in. As an example if the system depends on a remote server to fully control the system this server holds information that could be used to tell if the owner of that property is away on holiday. This is just one example. The Honeywell system can work without having a server but they have been unwilling to divulge any of their security protocols to me.

I looked into Heatmiser ,ho were more open with information, and the data was passed in plain text (=easily hackable) over the Internet. They may have fixed it now but I rejected the system due to their lack of understanding of Internet security and the (to me) obvious risks.

I believe Honey have a better understanding of security but wish they were more open to security professionals allow us to evaluate their product. I want better heating controls and believe Honeywell system is adequate for my purpose. I want to be able choose whether I will connect it to the Internet and from there to my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Upgrade Heating controls to Honeywell Evohome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock