• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Up stairs sink water Shut off help Please in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

kPATm

Good morning. I need to replace the taps in our upstairs bathroom sink but I cant find the water shut off valve. We have a Combi Boiler upstairs. Both taps on the downstairs sink and the pipes for the Washing machine have their own shut off valves but I cannot see any on the pipes running to the upstairs bathroom sink. Is the upstairs sink and Toilet getting their water supply through the boiler? If so is there a way to turn off the supply from the boiler to the upstairs bathroom? The boiler is a Flexicom 30cx. Thank You

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Taps don’t have to have them, so likely they’re not fitted. If you turn off the main stopcock, the this will isolate both feeds. Then you can change your taps, and fit full bore isolation valves should you wish.

kPATm

Thats the problem I have never been able to find the main stopcock. I have a feeling it may be out on the street?

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
The boundary (street) is for isolating the feed to your property, and sometimes others if it’s shared and is rarely used. You should have one, usually at a point of entry. Majority are under kitchen sinks, but have found them by front doors and in bathrooms before now depending on property types as well.

kPATm

Well after many attempts at finding the shutoff valve and failing I finnaly found it.......in a cupboard Iv looked in many times.

Reply to Up stairs sink water Shut off help Please in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net