Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented & Water regs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rayner

Hi all, just wondering if they are worth doing or not? My college is starting to ask around to see who wants to do it. They're asking for about 180 quid for both and as I work for a small company unlike alot of the others on my course, I'd have to pay for myself. I understand they're not "grandfather rights" and you have to renwe them after so many years. Just wondering if anyone has done them and could reccomend whether to do them or not? Cheers!

get them done it will cost you more later, and they will come in handy

worth it fella , another string to your bow. customers now want someone who can do a few things to a high standard

to do unvented on its own is around ÂŁ150 so yes do them now, if you leave it too late then you never have the time to get them done, then you miss out on the unvented installs, good luck with it. (they really are not hard)

You're not allowed to do repairs on them until you have a ticket. Might cost you in lost jobs/income - definitely worth it and more knowledge didn't harm anyone.

i would always encourage anyone to do courses like these, the extra knowledge always helps whether it leads to additional work or not.
how do you put a price on knowledge?

Dont forget it is not sufficient to do the course you will not be able to install until you join a competent persons scheme which could cost you anotherÂŁ150.00p or even as much as ÂŁ240 depending who you go with.

you sure? who does the competence persons scheme for water regs and unvented? thought you just got a card when you did the exams?

You receive a certificate to show you've got the knowledge and, as far as I know, you can then maintain unvented cylinders but to install a new one it has be passed by the building inspector (for a fee) or you can join a competent persons scheme (and register the installation with a much smaller fee).

any links to these competence person schemes?

my mate phoned the local authority to say hed fitted one and they sais fitted what? we dont know anything about it, he had to tell them waht they are suppose to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented & Water regs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock