Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Water pressure and flow question in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I'm having a new System ( Unvented 210 Evocyl cylinder and Worcester bosch boiler greenstar ) I've got one bathroom, bath ,sink and toilet and a shower and toilet , sink in another I think that's deemed as 1 and a 1/2 bathrooms ive done a flow and pressure test ( details on an earlier post ) and its just ok on both I think ultimately ill need to upgrade the water main but in the short term ( time and money cost of new main etc ) would a system the work ? i.e. what pit falls could I have if I'm slightly lacking pressure and flow / would it still work or would it shut down / be dangerous ?? to make things a little difficult ( possibly ) the cylinder and boiler are going up in the loft so the waters going up two flights ,I know you lose a small amount of pressure as it ascends I would have all the correct size piping fitted back to where the mains enters the house in readiness' for a future up grade

Cheers

p.s my old system is a vented Tank in loft , copper cylinder etc

Since the unvented cylinder is supplied by the mains, the fact that the water has to go up to the loft won't affect pressure as it then has to come down again to reach the house. It's essentially a sealed pipe so the head you lose going up you gain back going down.

In any case, you would lose 0.1Bar standing head per metre, so this would only have been significant if you had had poor water pressure to begin with.

Since the unvented cylinder is supplied by the mains, the fact that the water has to go up to the loft won't affect pressure as it then has to come down again to reach the house. It's essentially a sealed pipe so the head you lose going up you gain back going down.

In any case, you would lose 0.1Bar standing head per metre, so this would only have been significant if you had had poor water pressure to begin with.
thanks for reply ..... any idea about the water pressure and Flow if its on the Limit without uprating ?

I dont know what your static and dynamic pressure and flow rate readings were but if on the low side then dont expect desired flow rates. The system will still work and wouldn't be unsafe (unless installed wrong).

I dont know what your static and dynamic pressure and flow rate readings were but if on the low side then dont expect desired flow rates. The system will still work and wouldn't be unsafe (unless installed wrong).
I'm defiantly going to uprate the mains in the near future its just at the moment with everything that's going on workwise I could do without spending to get it done now just wanted to make sure it was safe if it was a bit on the low side thanks' for reply

I'm defiantly going to uprate the mains in the near future its just at the moment with everything that's going on workwise I could do without spending to get it done now just wanted to make sure it was safe if it was a bit on the low side thanks' for reply

Providing its installed by a G3 registered personnel and done properly then it will be safe.

Reply to Unvented Water pressure and flow question in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock