Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Indirect Cylinder Installation Cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NGM

We have moved into a house where the water pressure is variable.

The cold taps are fine but the hot in the kitchen and the shower in the ensuite are very poor. A plumber we spoke to suggested we replace the current cylinder with an indirect unvented cylinder. We got a quote and was quite surprised to see a cost of £2200. I know I can buy the tank myself for £600, is the labour on this sort of installation really over 1K?

We have moved into a house where the water pressure is variable.

The cold taps are fine but the hot in the kitchen and the shower in the ensuite are very poor. A plumber we spoke to suggested we replace the current cylinder with an indirect unvented cylinder. We got a quote and was quite surprised to see a cost of £2200. I know I can buy the tank myself for £600, is the labour on this sort of installation really over 1K?

Get some more quotes from local G3 qualified engineers.

Easier said than done, the local plumbing trade seem to be very spoiled for work as I cannot get anyone to come near me even to quote.

Got an ensuite we want to replace too and can't even get anyone to quote me on that apart from the aforementioned plumber who's quote was actually more than the Homebase and B&Q quotes we have received.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Put a little ad here see how you get on. Welcome to the forum

Just a little tip, don't judge based on the prices, judge on recommendation, previous work and whether you get a good feel from the plumber. You get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Indirect Cylinder Installation Cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a new Vaillant boiler being installed and will install a new cylinder at the same time. Our installer is recommending a UK Cylinders ProLite Air twin coil solar indirect unvented cylinder 300ltr. According to specs the standing heat loss is 1.80 kWh/24h which seems pretty decent...
Replies
Views
Hi All, looking for some advice. I have ARISTON CLASSICO UNVENTED INDIRECT CYLINDER ST1 210 which has corroded at one of the main inlets and is leaking water when in operation. This unit is now obsolete and need to source a replacement. Obviously I am aware that I cannot replace the unit myself...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant condensing boiler. I currently have a vented set up. A couple of plumbers said this could work. Will the feed and expansion tank for the central...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock