Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented flooding. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doug

Whilst I am aware you can take the dip tube out of an oso cylinder to increase its capacity,can the same be done with a Megaflow?

Obviously you have to fit an expansion vessel aswell.

Doug.

Hi, Can you explain your question with a little more information, as to what you want to achieve?

Hi, Can you explain your question with a little more information, as to what you want to achieve?

I Justlead

The idea is to remove the internal expansion air bubble area in the mains pressure cylinders, then that space can be used to store extra hot water ,thus increasing the size of the storage capacity of what ever sized cylinder is fitted, then fitting an external expansion vessel to do the job the removed air internal air bubble would have done, namely taking care of any expansion required
This is a good way to increase the hot water capacity of an existing instalation
I can not comment on the question as do not know if it can be done with the mega flow in question and would advise ringing manufacturer with model and take advise from them to see if possible and if so what literage increase would be achieved

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Thanks for explanation. Understand but have know knowledge of such amendments.

legal and legislation problems,could you also explain how you would acheive this!,once modified makers gauretee void.should cylinder then malfunction cause injury even death you would be liable

not sure this is a good idea! surely the megaflo is tested to its maximum, If a competent engineer was to service this cylinder after every 12 months ( as they should) then one would hope they would shut the system down as it, in my eyes should be classed as dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented flooding. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock