Search the forum,

Discuss unvented cylinder thermostat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

does any one know the difference between an ordinary immersion thermostat and one for an unvented cylinder, they look identical (both have overheat cut outs) but paperwork says not suitable for unvented cylinder, cannot get through to manafacture for advice, even one i got from online supplier of products for unvented cylinders it says for use on open vented cylinders, they assure me it is ok to use, is it?
[automerge]1582487720[/automerge]
pictures of fitted thermostat

Attachments

• tony 1 (1).jpg
    tony 1 (1).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 5
  • tony 1 (8).jpg
    tony 1 (8).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Reply to unvented cylinder thermostat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to have a good water pressure there. What we want, is to either be able to run multiple showers at once, or if one person is having a shower, other...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock