Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Cylinder Kingspan Albion Ultrasteel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi can anyone help? I called an Engineer as there was water discharging through the tundish of my heating system, he diagnosed ‘cold water compilation valve failed’ then said I had to call a plumber as it was nothing to do with the system and was a plumbing issue. Surely this is all to do with the heating system and requires a G3 engineer?

You are correct anything to do with the safety discharge and component parts needs to be worked on by a G3 engineer

The heating system is not the same as the hot water system, you are correct in needing a g3 qualified plumber but the hot water system may not be covered by your maintenance plan.

It is a problem with some part of your unvented hot water system, so definitely considered as your domestic hot water.
It is possible to have the cold supply side to the hot water unit faulty, but that still means it is a component of the hot water system faulty

If you are covered for hot water and heating call your provider and tell them to send a G3 qualified engineer. If the system has been correctly installed then water discharging through the tundish indicates a fault/failure of one or more safety components. A G3 qualified engineer should have no difficulty identifying and rectifying the problem

Hi I’m a senior engineer for the company you mentioned.

Just make the call or on the internet and list it as unvented.
We have many competent g3 engineers and I’m one of them.

Please note some of the service plans through insurance companies do not cover this type of system and then the job becomes chargeable.

If you have homecare cover direct with bg and you are covered you will have no issues getting this resolved.

Hope this helps

Reply to Unvented Cylinder Kingspan Albion Ultrasteel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock