Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder in loft with open vented heatinf in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a job putting an unvented cylinder in loft, (I’m G3) but they have open vented heating. I’m wondering if this will be possible as flow into cylinder will be higher than f and e tank. Worries about pumping over, any thoughts? Convert heating to close system first?

Agree only way is to seal the system

Sealing the system is not the only way. You could lift the F & E tank above the cylinder. Sealing a system is all well and good but not the only way and not always an option.

Sealing the system is not the only way. You could lift the F & E tank above the cylinder. Sealing a system is all well and good but not the only way and not always an option.

I agree you could raise the tank above the cylinder if theres room but I suggested sealing it because hes in the loft anyway and might as well do away with it and free up some space.

I agree you could raise the tank above the cylinder if theres room but I suggested sealing it because hes in the loft anyway and might as well do away with it and free up some space.
Ive installed sealed heat pump systems and others with a plate and many other variations and configurations. I was mere pointing the (sealing the system) was not the only way

Reply to Unvented cylinder in loft with open vented heatinf in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
So after having engineer drawings back I'm limited to around 90cm of loft height. I was thinking of a preplumbed horizontal cylinder. But now wondering if a pump and zone valves on the landing in a separate cupboard with just the cylinder flow return going to the loft. Is this an ok idea of...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock