Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder in loft with open vented heatinf in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a job putting an unvented cylinder in loft, (I’m G3) but they have open vented heating. I’m wondering if this will be possible as flow into cylinder will be higher than f and e tank. Worries about pumping over, any thoughts? Convert heating to close system first?

It's not going to fill completely if cylinder flow is higher than F & E level. Seal the system and do away with loft tank

Agree only way is to seal the system

Sealing the system is not the only way. You could lift the F & E tank above the cylinder. Sealing a system is all well and good but not the only way and not always an option.

Sealing the system is not the only way. You could lift the F & E tank above the cylinder. Sealing a system is all well and good but not the only way and not always an option.

I agree you could raise the tank above the cylinder if theres room but I suggested sealing it because hes in the loft anyway and might as well do away with it and free up some space.

I agree you could raise the tank above the cylinder if theres room but I suggested sealing it because hes in the loft anyway and might as well do away with it and free up some space.
Ive installed sealed heat pump systems and others with a plate and many other variations and configurations. I was mere pointing the (sealing the system) was not the only way

Reply to Unvented cylinder in loft with open vented heatinf in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock