From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Unvented cylinder in loft with open vented heatinf in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a job putting an unvented cylinder in loft, (I’m G3) but they have open vented heating. I’m wondering if this will be possible as flow into cylinder will be higher than f and e tank. Worries about pumping over, any thoughts? Convert heating to close system first?

It's not going to fill completely if cylinder flow is higher than F & E level. Seal the system and do away with loft tank

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Agree only way is to seal the system

quality

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sealing the system is not the only way. You could lift the F & E tank above the cylinder. Sealing a system is all well and good but not the only way and not always an option.

Sealing the system is not the only way. You could lift the F & E tank above the cylinder. Sealing a system is all well and good but not the only way and not always an option.
I agree you could raise the tank above the cylinder if theres room but I suggested sealing it because hes in the loft anyway and might as well do away with it and free up some space.

quality

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I agree you could raise the tank above the cylinder if theres room but I suggested sealing it because hes in the loft anyway and might as well do away with it and free up some space.
Ive installed sealed heat pump systems and others with a plate and many other variations and configurations. I was mere pointing the (sealing the system) was not the only way

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Unvented cylinder in loft with open vented heatinf in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor