Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder in loft pump on landing, any problems in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So after having engineer drawings back I'm limited to around 90cm of loft height.

I was thinking of a preplumbed horizontal cylinder. But now wondering if a pump and zone valves on the landing in a separate cupboard with just the cylinder flow return going to the loft.

Is this an ok idea of having the pump on the first floor and the cylinder in the loft.

Also means the zone valves for central heating and ufh would remain on first floor floor instead of near the tank in a preplumbed unit.

Any suggestions welcome

Pre-plumbed horizontal sounds expensive. Why pre-plumbed? If its because you have an air source heat pump then I would personally stick to pre-plumbed

There is no issue with what you are planning, you may have to be clever with the return to ensure that the heating return isn't teed in back to the boiler before the cylinder return (look into reverse circulation). Although if you're fitting an unvented it will be done by a competent person who should easily get over those small details.

Reply to Unvented cylinder in loft pump on landing, any problems in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant condensing boiler. I currently have a vented set up. A couple of plumbers said this could work. Will the feed and expansion tank for the central...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock