Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder in celler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

If I install an unvented cylinder in a cellar and a system boiler on the ground floor above will the system still work?

1. There is no reason why it shouldn't work.
2. However, you will probably need to use an approved pump for the D2 pipe, unless you can access a drain at cellar level.

Of course it will work. The pumps on heating circuits are circulating pumps providing pressure to overcome system pressure loss and the required flow rates to maintain required heat emissions. Providing the system is properly designed it won't matter the position of the two, or the fact that one sub circuit is pumping downwards.
Steadyon raises a good point about the tundish discharge though, so take that it to your calculations.
Is this an installation you're undertaking yourself?

Reply to Unvented cylinder in celler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as there is no easy options to get it outside.
Replies
Views
Do most composite valves now for unvented cylinders have a tee on them For the expansion valve connection? The ones I used to fit just had the balanced cold connection coming of it. Them I tee'd off downstream of the composite valve for the expansion
Replies
Views
P
Hi my daughters Ariston Cylinder has started to leak around the Emersion heater. She has never used the emersion heater so I was wondering if there was anyway to take it our and fil the hole with a blank? Or if anyone knows where to find an Ariston cylinder 150L unvented??
Replies
Views
Just looking at getting an unvented cylinder. Screwfix do an RM cylinder called Prostel. Anybody had experience with these. £830 for 250l horizontal.
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed soon. Only need around 120/125 ltr for our usage and could possibly make do with 100. Been looking at a few different brands including the Megaflo which...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock