Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder - direct or indirect in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have differing hot and cold water pressure with my current vented water system so the new mixer tap in the bathroom won't work properly. My plumber advises I convert to an unvented cylinder set up. He also recommends I use a direct cylinder even though I've got gas central heating system. This doesn't make sense to me given gas is a third cheaper than electricity at the moment. Can anyone advise?

Do you know what boiler set up you have ?

And do you have zone valves ?

I have an Ideal ICOS boiler that heats the water in the cylinder in the airing cupboard.

Don't know what zone valves are, I'm afraid. Am a complete novice at this kind of thing.

Yea that's fine and it's not a gravity system the only reason why you couldn't connect the unvented cylinder to the heating circuits

Don't see why you couldn't, I would ask your installer why he doesn't think / want to connect the unvented cylinder to the heating circuits

Ok, Thanks. The cold water pressure is massively stronger than the hot in the current vented system because the cold water tank is on the same floor as the hot water cylinder, just above it height-wise (instead of being in the loft). In switching to an unvented system will I get the same much stronger pressure in the hot as I do with the cold?

You will get the same as your cold main is at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented cylinder - direct or indirect in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock