Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder and Combi Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

HI guys

We currently have an Glowworm Ultracom 38CXI. It currently serves 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, one with an electric shower, the other with a thermostatic shower mixer. Our house has 17 radiators (it is a fairly large house). We are planning to add an extension to the house, it will be a total of 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms once complete. We have been told by one plumber that we can add an indirect unvented cylinder to our current combi boiler upstairs that can serve the bathrooms, is this correct?Would this be sufficient? Do you think the boiler is powerful enough for all the radiators, as once the extension is complete there could be up to 22 radiators.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jay.

Yes and yes. Even if the combined loads of HW and CH exceeded that of the boiler which I doubt the HW cylinder can be timed to heat at time when there is less load on the boiler, say very very early morning.

Tbh as it’s not a new ish boiler over 10 years I would factor in a replacement

also I bet the pump won’t be strong enough for 22 rads

With 4 bathrooms, I’d also be looking to add a mains water pumped accumulator to increase the available water during multiple bathroom usage.

A very large one. 😀

Everybody has their favorites, do a search on here and youll see.
As above. Honestly, let the installer give you a couple of recommendations as they will likely be servicing it and may have contacts for that particular brand to assist, in the case of break down.

Cheers guys.

So yes, I think I will be sticking to the Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI Combi we have already and getting a Megaflo 250l upstairs which will serve the possible 4 bathrooms that we will be having.

Is there anything else I need do you think?

300ls if your doing 4 bathrooms

Reply to Unvented cylinder and Combi Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed soon. Only need around 120/125 ltr for our usage and could possibly make do with 100. Been looking at a few different brands including the Megaflo which...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock