Search the forum,

Discuss Unusual Viessmann 111w problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have a problem with Viessmann 111w
I have a Vicare sensor and app.
It goes like this :
If I have a boiler in DHW only everything works as it should, but then I switch it to DHW and heating. Temperature in a room is 21 degrees. I set the boiler to come on when the temperature is 17 degrees.
Every time I run a hot water, boiler comes on, fills a hot water tank, and as soon as it switches off, it dumps a lot of hot water into the radiators. Every time.
I put my baby to bed at 7pm (and my heating is on from 7) and I still have a shower, do washing up, wash my hands etc. Every time it dumps hot water to the radiors. By 10-11pm when I go to bed , temperature in the bedroom is 25-26degrees!

I had Viessmann engineer coming 4 times, he can't figure out what's wrong. Now they start telling me it's normal, that it has to dump that water to radiators. Surely that's not normal. My bedroom gets hotter every time even I don't want it to. And it doesn't dump any hot water when only in DHW mode.
Anyone might know what's going on? I'm not wrong it's not normal, am I?

Anyone's got the same boiler and could check for me what does your boiler do?
I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks
Jakub

You have a HW cylinder, not a Combi boiler??, if so can you see if you have one motorized valve with 3 pipes or a number of motorized valves with 2 pipes.

I believe it's one valve with three pipes. They changed it today. Behaves the same. Opens for a few minutes and circulates the water. They changed motherboard/programmer and still the same. Bypass too.

Attachments

• 20230317_163938.jpg
    20230317_163938.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 7
OK, its a stored Combi Boiler.

If there's no demand for CH and the HW store is being heated the rads certainly should not be heating, is this happening?. If the CH is on, and its programmed off or a roomstat if installed, switches off the boiler then the circ pump should run (overrun) for a few minutes but rads should then cool down until next the next call for CH.
If the CH is off and you are not running a hot tap or whatever then the boiler may fire up occasionally to keep the stored HW up to temperature but the rads should not heat up, you will have to pester them (or keep pestering) until its sorted out,

I remember reading somewhere about someone who had the same problem with a Viessmann 200-W apparently cured I think by replacing the bypass cartridge although someone else stated that if "continuous heating" is selected that the CH will heat as well except that there are zone valves to prevent this happening, thats the way I interpreted it anyway.

OK, its a stored Combi Boiler.

If there's no demand for CH and the HW store is being heated the rads certainly should not be heating, is this happening?
Nope. (CH off)
. If the CH is on, and its programmed off or a roomstat if installed, switches off the boiler then the circ pump should run (overrun) for a few minutes but rads should then cool down until next the next call for CH.
Yes. CH is on but thermostat is set to, say, 3degrees so keep CH from firing. I use hot water. HW store is being heated, rads still cold. As soon as the boiler stops heating the HW store it dumps hot water into rads and circulates for some time.
And it happens every time I use hot water. I wash my hands, another rush of hot water into rads. My wife washes her hands - another, I do washing up - another, etc. When we had guests rads were properly hot as there's always someone using water. Surely it isn't normal , is it?
I only use radiators in two bedrooms as I have a wood stove downstairs. And I only want it for the night in case temperature drops outside (and thus inside). Surely that's what thermostat is for (especially wireless one you can take to the bedroom)? Someone told me I should have all rads open but what's the point in that ? I don't want to heat whole house all night, why would I?
Sorry if it looks like I'm ranting, I'm not I'm just really confused by all this. (And especially not having a go at you, just frustrated , sorry)
Especially why does it apparently have to dump the water when heating is on (even if thermostat keeps it off) but it doesn't have to do it when heating off, when it does exactly the same thing, which is heating hot water ? 🤯

Are there motorized zone valves on the CH system so that when the roomstats are satisfied that not only do they switch the boiler off but also close these valves, if not then this to me entirely illogical boiler control system will circulate water through the rads.

Are there motorized zone valves on the CH system so that when the roomstats are satisfied that not only do they switch the boiler off but also close these valves, if not then this to me entirely illogical boiler control system will circulate water through the rads.

Why would you have a zone valve on the heating with a combi boiler ?

Reply to Unusual Viessmann 111w problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock