Search the forum,

Discuss Unusual Tap Washer Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a problem with the hot tap on a commercial kitchen tap where the hot flow slows to a trickle,
I believe the problem is the washer swelling up and restricting the flow and have never seen one with a spring before.
Kitchen tap.jpg1.jpg Kitchen tap.jpg2.jpg Kitchen tap.jpg
I think the tap may have come from ebay and possibly China,
Any ideas where to get spares?

Looks like a mechline tap to me try their website remember they are left and right handed.....regards Turnpin:)

I've only ever seen this once.
I was down in the west country and a plumber came in with one whilst I was doing breakfast morning. All I recall was that I solved his problem by pinching the spring out of a retractable pen (fitted perfectly). It was cut down slightly and expanded so it then worked. Aside from then and now, I've never come acrosss them.

We had a situation a little while back with springs on the tap washers.
Basically they were put there to stop water hammer.
We removed them and never had a problem since.....as far as I am aware.

Try running the tap without the springs

Reply to Unusual Tap Washer Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock