Search the forum,

Discuss Unusual condensation in boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a boiler (Potterton Promax 15SL) and after it has been heating the house for a while, when it turns off, warm air gently comes out of the fan unit (which is now off) and the air hits the metal housing of the boiler and condenses, causing it to pool in the bottom of the boiler and eventually drip out there is so much.

Any clever ideas what is causing this or how to fix it? It isn't common, I can find no references on google searches.

See the picture:
Boiler.jpg

This need attention by a gas safe engineer it could possibly be caused by a leakage of flue gases which is potentially dangerous please do not use the boiler until this is rectified . Kop

This need attention by a Registered Gas Engineer it could possibly be caused by a leakage of flue gases which is potentially dangerous please do not use the boiler until this is rectified . Kop
Thanks for the reply Kop. I had an engineer out, all inspected and it looked fine. Regarding your flue gas hypothesis ... That wouldn't happen when the unit is off, would it? And this condensation issue ONLY happens when the unit is off. When on and running all is good. Any further thoughts?

Thanks for the reply Kop. I had an engineer out, all inspected and it looked fine. Regarding your flue gas hypothesis *** That wouldn't happen when the unit is off, would it? And this condensation issue ONLY happens when the unit is off. When on and running all is good. Any further thoughts?
First test would be a flue gas analysis on the flue if you have a failed seal this would allow products of combustion to mix with the incoming air ?? Causing condensation internally , Secondly could it be rain water driving into the flue somehow a gutter leaking ? When the boiler is not in use ? . Couple of things to consider ?

If the situation with the condensation was "fine" and normal then the manufacturer would have fitted a drain in the casing to allow it to drain away.

Needs looking at by another R.G.E who is prepared to investigate correctly and resolve.

Been to a few of these where the ribbed condensate hose in boiler splits and leaks. Pools at bottom of combustion chamber

Reply to Unusual condensation in boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock