Discuss Unsure whether to install Atag or Vaillant in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys, first post here, looking for advice as to which boiler to go for.

I have been recommended either the ATAG i40S or the vaillant 637 boiler. The installer is a recognised fitter for ATAG and highly recommends them as he said that the boiler is very well made and has a 10 year warranty with a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger.

Does anybody have experience in fitting the Atag's and how good is their after sales service? Are they good reliable boilers? The reviews on trust pilot are excellent.

Cheers

Corgi Direct - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Harvest Fields

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
Hi Guys, first post here, looking for advice as to which boiler to go for.

I have been recommended either the ATAG i40S or the vaillant 637 boiler. The installer is a recognised fitter for ATAG and highly recommends them as he said that the boiler is very well made and has a 10 year warranty with a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger.

Does anybody have experience in fitting the Atag's and how good is their after sales service? Are they good reliable boilers? The reviews on trust pilot are excellent.

Cheers
They are ok. But I prefer Vaillant if I am honest.

chris watkins

Plumber
Reaction score
Have they done a heatloss calculation of the property ? they are both one of the largest output boilers on the domestic market which will not perform well if oversized.

Riley

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
Was gonna say they’re huge. Ps I’d. Go for Atag

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
im guessing more than one shower / bathroom

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score

chris watkins

Plumber
Reaction score
Come on Shaun we have had this one before - time the hot water so it heats the cylinder before the heating comes on = smaller cheaper to buy & run boiler.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
Come on Shaun we have had this one before - time the hot water so it heats the cylinder before the heating comes on = smaller cheaper to buy & run boiler.
exactly stagger the times

but there are and better efficiency when only the heating is on

only time i would do a set up like that is when they require hot water all the time eg care small home / respite

Jerry

Gas Engineer
Reaction score
If they have the same warranty, go for the cheaper one.

Unless it's Ferroli. Don't do Ferroli

king of pipes

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
Good boilers but I have a job selling them as they are a top end product with a top end price they have a few niggles but the good out weighs the bad I have one fitted in my own home, had a faulty motorised on the hotwater pre heat and the one control is well let's say challenging, The Ideal Vougue is a nicely put together worth considering. Cheers kop

EvilDrPorkChop

Gas Engineer
Reaction score
I'd go Vaillant too. Again size seems large, even when heating a large cylinder you'd be better with HW priority rather than oversizing the boiler.

Reaction score
You may be oversizing but if it gets a real cold winter you wont regret it. Manufacturer choice is always contentious on UKPF
Vaillant = Aidi Atag = Honda
both good ...I have a Honda and stopped buying Audis when all the drug dealers got one. Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Harvest Fields

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
You may be oversizing but if it gets a real cold winter you wont regret it. Manufacturer choice is always contentious on UKPF
Vaillant = Aidi Atag = Honda
both good ...I have a Honda and stopped buying Audis when all the drug dealers got one. Rob Foster aka centralheatking
What is this post all about?:D

Reaction score
Was on about Audi’s and drug dealers:p
Once upon a time I always had Audi A6 Avant as all designers and architects took them but the type of purchaser changed..but the principle applies when I sold CH to people thus was the type of analogy I used then, Ford = WB
Audi = Vaillant. ...hope this explains. centralheatking

chris watkins

Plumber
Reaction score
Once upon a time I always had Audi A6 Avant as all designers and architects took them but the type of purchaser changed..but the principle applies when I sold CH to people thus was the type of analogy I used then, Ford = WB
Audi = Vaillant. ...hope this explains. centralheatking
Nop

Riley

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
I feel your analogy is wasted on some of them Rob. I understood, mostly. Id
I’m 44 and been in they trade since I left school. Never seen an Atag.
loads down this way

Reaction score
I’m 44 and been in they trade since I left school. Never seen an Atag.
Have a look I have no financial interest in Atag but when you look at the design and components involved these boys are on to a winner all day long

Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Riley

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
And in terms of customer support both to engineer and end user they are second to none.

Reaction score
Virgin at 44 :oops:
Atag can only be specified accquired and installed by Atag approved 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer'
outfits. They are really very tight on this , so no chancers or cowboys who pick up a boiler from anywhere its a good sales template to my mind
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
I've gone with Atag. 10 years warranty.
Their offices based near Glasgow so hopefully call outs will be fairly prompt.

Riley

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
Lifetime on hex, and callouts are dealt with by installers.

Reply to Unsure whether to install Atag or Vaillant in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs

Test

Top Bottom