Search the forum,

Discuss "Unliked" Member Tag Now Available in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
To counter the Esteemed member tag, which is automatically dished out for those who have posted good content and need rewarding.

I've created an "Unliked Member" tag too.

If you've posted 250+ times, and have a really poor 'like' ratio. You will get this tag.

This will show you who the members dislike. Because clearly they're not getting the likes clicked on their posts. So they're borderline trolling all the time.

This should help them improve their posts, or just leave. Either way, ongoing, we don't really want to shape the forum for this type of member.

So you need 4 posts made, with only 1 like in them all, for this to be dished out.
After you've posted 250 posts, if you haven't got 75, there's a chance you're not a good member.

I'll take a look through the list to see if they're newbies with lots of questions, or actual trolls. And work it out from there. :)

Wow that works. Seems it does catch the people who seem to be taking threads off topic, generally argumentative and try to prove a point, etc

So I've stuck the people who get caught in this group into permanent pre-moderation.

People who do use the forum well, will be please their argumentative posts wont get approved.

does that mean i get a new tag as well dan as i work my post / tick rating out to around 7k likes to not get the tag ? just a question as ive noticed scott d and mutley have this also ?

What is wrong with being argumentative? Or do you just want yes men and back slappers? A LOT of posts here contain wrong information, stated as fact, and I often say so, particularly when punters are being misinformed. It is true that we can all get things wrong, and I have apologised more than once for doing so, but some comments are ridiculous. Such as it being too difficult to complete a LLGSR/CP12 properly to give the LL the legal benefit of the 10 month rule.

Also, I was going to "like" a comment earlier, but because the system automatically merges posts, it can be difficult to "like" as the merged post may contain an element particularly to my dislike! Is this merging a standard feature or have yu selected it. It is, IMO, rubbish. Apart from the "like" issue, it ruins the whole flow of a conversation, and sometimes, I may do 2 posts rather than 1, as there may be completely different elements and i wish not to have one point detract from another - if you see what I mean.

What is the perceived benefit?

I've created an "Unliked Member" tag too.

To use my account as an example, at the point the 'old' ukplumbers forum closed I had, from memory, about a thousand posts and about nine-hundred positive points. In the transfer my posts stayed the same but suddenly my positive points were cut to three hundred or so. It's going to take a long time for my 'positive' ratio to recover, if it ever does. Many of the newly 'unliked' members seem to have been given the label for just this reason.

Speaking for myself, I'm not worried by being assigned negative labels. I've always had the good sense to stay anonymous so no-one IRL is going to Google me and find you've labelled me 'unliked'. If I were an identifable individual or business, however, I'd feel very differently about being defamed in this way.

To use my account as an example, at the point the 'old' ukplumbers forum closed I had, from memory, about a thousand posts and about nine-hundred positive points. In the transfer my posts stayed the same but suddenly my positive points were cut to three hundred or so. It's going to take a long time for my 'positive' ratio to recover, if it ever does. Many of the newly 'unliked' members seem to have been given the label for just this reason.

Speaking for myself, I'm not worried by being assigned negative labels. I've always had the good sense to stay anonymous so no-one IRL is going to Google me and find you've labelled me 'unliked'. If I were an identifable individual or business, however, I'd feel very differently about being defamed in this way.

I really could not give a toss whether I get likes or otherwise. It is all a bit childish, IMO. Now, Dan, if you promise to send me some beer vouchers for being a good boy, I promise that I will try a bit harder ;)

Your LIKES you ended up with. So the sarcastic ones people use on each other, like laughing face, was its one positive point. So you were all causing mayhem still, but then clicking laughing face on each other. No actual likes for actual helpful posts by actual members.

So it was fairly ported over.

The ones (and we had about 50 options were not likes. A lot although still positive on that forum, were dished out for various thing.

It wont cut the mustard here with this new setup. We're not allowing cliques to go around trashing threads and putting new members off.

So these are what you have and your likes, which were clearly only 300 then, are what you had there. So a p1ss poor account IMO.

This does need to be brought to the attention of people.

You can just trash threads that aren't yours. This isn't social media. People came here for help, would get shyte posted in their threads, and then email me. And at the time I though hmmmm it's the lads.

Then when I came on a fair few times, I said this is ending soon. People thought I was joking lol

I have my ways ;) Ran forums for 20-odd years. It wont carry on. Posting needs to be better for the forum to have lots of members login and stay. And post more threads.

It's not a forum for the regular 50 people, and as people come you put them off, not caring one bit about it being my business you're screwing with, and then moving onto the next newbies bashing their thread too.

I'm pointing out for a week how important it is to be unliked on here. I'll remove it after then. But be warning, the moment one of the 5 people (out of 12,500 there's 5 now! - they need to up their game if they're going to stay.

Not been funny Dan and I appreciate it's your business but these new rules (IMO) look to be making the forum very regimental. I'm all for getting new members but alot of the new ones are going to sign up, ask a question, get an answer and disappear. We don't need negativity that's going to drive away the members who actually answer the questions your new members post.

Your LIKES you ended up with. So the sarcastic ones people use on each other, like laughing face, was its one positive point. So you were all causing mayhem still, but then clicking laughing face on each other. No actual likes for actual helpful posts by actual members.

I think you'll find most of the ones I lost were 'agrees'. I get very few funnies.

Are you sure mate? You're not fair off esteemed. ;) - Will you like that tag?

I am esteemed and effluent too mate lol .
Its not the trusted , esteemed ones or the like, its whoever gets the dislike one , just seems a bit harsh thats all .

I am esteemed and effluent too mate lol .
Its not the trusted , esteemed ones or the like, its whoever gets the dislike one , just seems a bit harsh thats all .
They're not getting the dislike mate. They're not getting likes.

So they are posting 1000 posts and only getting 150 likes.

So their content is shyte, nobody can say otherwise.

1569445401199.png

Look at this italian guy on tilersforums

10000 posts 20000 likes!!!!!

He doesn't speak a word of english and uses Google translate to change them to english. Even he gets likes and loads of them!!!

That's the kinda posting you want going on

For each 1 post he made, he has an average of 4 likes in them!!!

People over here just argue all the time. Not as many as I wanted to have esteemed got it.

And a few got Unliked (so it's not people clicking dislike - it's them never getting good content liked because they are always arguing etc).

It's fair - automated - and shows the trolls of take threads off topic.

I love it. Staff don't need to dish it out lol

A dislike awarded to a member just is neutral. So the same as not clicking any like. So it's the same as now.

People need be nicer on this forum. All my other forums are booming and friendly. This one has around 70 members who are just bitching all the time. I suspect some old staff too somewhere so running some tests and comparisons to get them gone. Those will be trying to take the forum down still no doubt.

So I'm moderating every thread myself ongoing now forever. :)

This is totally ace! So much recently going on, what with politics, EastEnders, Corrie, emmerdale and watching the swathes of changes on here. Keep it up.... I’ll get me popcorn.

Booooo lol

We wont be arguing on here anymore mate if that's what you mean. :)

You're nearly in it!

Multiply your posts by 0.25 and you'll get the figure you would need to be in the group.

Multiply your posts by 0.25 and you'll get the figure you would need to be in the group.

I very very happy to be the ‘unliked’ crowd. I’ll wear that accolade with much pride.
[automerge]1569447452[/automerge]
You’re sanitising this forum to death Dan, you’re taking away freedom of speech and good old British debating. You will slowly but surely lose the intelligence in the building and be left with nearly all joe public.

It’s turning into a proper nanny state.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Dan
I very very happy to be the ‘unliked’ crowd. I’ll wear that accolade with much pride.
[automerge]1569447452[/automerge]
You’re sanitising this forum to death Dan, you’re taking away freedom of speech and good old British debating. You will slowly but surely lose the intelligence in the building and be left with nearly all joe public.

It’s turning into a proper nanny state.
Hell no what makes you think that?

You say what you want in reply to the OP mate.

It's their thread. You're confusing us with Facebook, where you can say anything in any thread.

Want to say something about something, make your own thread. Can't see you doing that much mate so what's that about?

You reply to a thread about sausage all the way down it with milk, it's gonna get removed. That's nothing to do with your opinion or mine. It's the rule of a forum. Any forum. Not just this.

We have let it get like facebook.

What's the meh member tag all about?
On above unliked lol

I'll close this thread now we have the other one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "Unliked" Member Tag Now Available in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Okay, so we tried to launch this before I think but I broke it. Then I fixed it. Then I broke it again. But I've got it working again now. And it's been running on the other forums for a month or so, so I think it'll work just fine. :) It's automatically dished out to those with the following...
Replies
Views
Hi, Seeing as there has apparently been a bit of a clear out with members leaving and those of us staying are here to support the forum, and help to answer questions, why do we still have name tags? I couldn't care less if I've got sooper dooper plumber after my name, but as we're all here to...
Replies
Views
I've come up with a new tag on TilersForums.com and it seems to have worked well. It's an automatically granted tag, so it's not cliquey. If you have a minimum of 500 messages posted to the forum. And your like ratio needs to be 1:1. So out of the 6 'like' options, the first three on the...
Replies
Views
Reserved for the best posts, the long ones, the most helpful ones. Me and Lou can dish this out. But I will make it so that all Esteemed can use it. But I'm watching closely where it gets used. We will go around every few days checking all the posts for good content, long posts, and how...
Replies
Views
"Unliked" Member - Below 0.25 - refers to their lack of likes, they might be a nice person offline. But they've not done well on the forum that's for sure! - Advice: don't post useless posts. You're posting a lot of posts that don't get likes. They're not ones anybody will remember. This isn't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock