Search the forum,

Discuss Unknown Thermostatic Cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,

I have a leaking thermostatic cartridge and I'm trying to replace it but I cannot find the part number or any no-name ones with similar measuring.
I bought the shower from Victorian Plumbing and it is the Milan Modern Thermostatic Shower in Chrome. It was bought in 2015 and their supplier for this shower at that time was Cassellie but neither VP or Cassellie can tell me about the replacement part. I've sent pictures to their recommended suppliers but none of them could match it !?! ...these are plumbsparesdirect, divapor, tapmagician and a local plumbing shop; went to Screwfix as well but they don't have to many options.

I think the main culprit for the leaking is the worn rubber on the element but not sure; see pics below and let me know if you've seen one of these; I hate to change the whole shower just for this... :(

Attachments

• IMG_6903.jpg
    IMG_6903.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6904.jpg
    IMG_6904.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6908.jpg
    IMG_6908.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6909.jpg
    IMG_6909.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
Thank you Chalked. Probably that's why they cannot tell me where to buy it from :(.
I've learned the hard way and probably best to find a different shower with same measurements rather than buy the same...I have some really nice porcelain tiles :) but I have a feeling that I might struggle to find similar shower as well due to their "bespoke" manufacturing approach!
I will continue to search on eBay and some other local plumbing shops ....maybe I will find it eventually!

P.S I did tell my wife on that time: let's not cut corners on this bathroom refurb! expensive tiles and random shower doesn't work! ...but I am second in line at decision making in this house :)...after the dog!

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd add my experiences for anyone searching for this. We also have the Milan Modern Thermostatic Shower from Victorian Plumbing - been in about 2 years, and we hit exactly the same issue. The shower keeps running lukewarm, and no amount of cleaning the cartridge makes any difference. Tried to obtain a replacement cartridge, hunted high and low and tried various suppliers and you just cannot get them, the only way it seems is to buy a complete replacement unit. I contacted Victorian Plumbing and they were no help. Not a great experience tbh.

We ended up replacing the entire shower with a brand new Bristan mixer which had the same fittings, so we could make sure we could get the cartridges in the future.

I noticed that Victorian Plumbing have since updated their website with what looks like a replacement part number - MS703 - but at the time I contacted them they didn't have this. So maybe it's now possible to get a cartridge for it for anyone willing to try.

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd add my experiences for anyone searching for this. We also have the Milan Modern Thermostatic Shower from Victorian Plumbing - been in about 2 years, and we hit exactly the same issue. The shower keeps running lukewarm, and no amount of cleaning the cartridge makes any difference. Tried to obtain a replacement cartridge, hunted high and low and tried various suppliers and you just cannot get them, the only way it seems is to buy a complete replacement unit. I contacted Victorian Plumbing and they were no help. Not a great experience tbh.

We ended up replacing the entire shower with a brand new Bristan mixer which had the same fittings, so we could make sure we could get the cartridges in the future.

I noticed that Victorian Plumbing have since updated their website with what looks like a replacement part number - MS703 - but at the time I contacted them they didn't have this. So maybe it's now possible to get a cartridge for it for anyone willing to try.

Hi. Can you please let me know which Bristan mixer you selected? We have replaced the Milan shower unit twice now and it keeps coming up with the same issue (i.e. needs a new cartridge on the right hand side)? Many thanks!

I am going to save this thread to show my customers when they say the Hansgrohe shower I recommend “looks the same as this one on the internet, and I can get it much cheaper”

...had a similar problem with Hansgrohe, no replacement cartridges.
Now have same issue with victorian plumbing.
Are you absolutely sure? I find this hard to believe - I have recently replaced the cartridge in a 21 year old hansgrohe concealed shower and it then worked perfectly.

Most more recent showers take the same cartridge as one another 94282000; there are of course a few other ones- I’ve never come across one that I can’t get a replacement for…

Reply to Unknown Thermostatic Cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock