Search the forum,

Discuss Unknown component in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been to a loft and saw a weird little cylinder on the solar heating circuit.
I cant post pictures for some reason but its a small (4 litre or so) copper cylinder,with a bleed vent like one on a towel rail and the solar heating pipe goes in at the bottom comes out at the top.

I assume its something to do with air but it wasnt installed at the highest point of pipework also dont understand the need for the cylinder rather than a bleed vent on its own :confused5:

It looks proper dodgy looking at it shame cant post the photo. There is a vessel there but this thing is like half the size. Thought shock arrestors were only used on mains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unknown component in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Everyone, I have customer with solar that doesn't seem to be working so only gets 1/2 a tank of hot water which is heated by the central heating system. She can't find a company to come out and service the wet solar system and she is looking at getting loft conversion in the future will...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hi there thanks for your time to look at this. I've got a multi pump / circuit system which is connected via a relay box to the boiler and Honeywell timer programmers. Picture attached. Right now any single circuit can turn the boiler on an off at any time (assuming the programmers allow it)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock