Search the forum,

Discuss Uninstalling En-suite fixings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ciscobloke

Hi

Please forgive me for any stupidity but I'm new to this and trying to save a few quid.

I need to uninstall a Toilet, Leccy Shower, Hand basin and radiator from my En-suite.

My questions are, once I have turned the mains water off, drained the toilet/radiator etc and removed all from the room, what happens witht he pipes when I turn the mains back on? Will water come flying out? What do I use to temporay seal the pipes ends until I can get a plumber in to re-route then to the new En-suite?

House is about 4/5 years old (if this info helps)

Cheers in advance
Mike

if you leave the pipe open yes they will have water released when mains turned on.

you can use compression stop ends or any type of stop end.
untitledlk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternatively you could fit isolation valves so it saves draining the pipes again when the bathroom's plumbed in. (I've just read a thread / poll about isolation valves which you might find useful.)

Be aware that, depending on the age of your property, you may have older imperial pipework in which case you will need to get the correct fittings. 15mm fittings will "usually" fit 1/2 " but 3/4" will need the correct size. If its all metric and only temporary then personally i'd use pushfit stopends, just make sure the pipes are clean and undamaged first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Uninstalling En-suite fixings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock