Search the forum,

Discuss Understanding floor heating settings/controls in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

P

PierpaoloB

Hi, I have a new built house with the following floor heating manifold: https://www.robotclimate.com/media/amasty/amfile/attach/c9864db4135c6f26c6d9e41254816317.pdf
In particular, I have the "District Heating PRO manifold" (Section 3.2).
I also have district heating, and PVC floor.

I have some questions to understand how the system works so that I can regulate it properly.

1. I understand that with the B knob I can control the temperature of hot water going into the floor. For now, I set it to 35C, which means that the water will flow under the floor at that temperature. But it doesn't mean that 35C will reach the "manifold" (it will be around 65C according to my district heating provider). Correct? That would explain why the temperature gauge (F) goes beyond 35C when the heating is operating.

2. I understand that with the M knob I can control the return temperature. I always put it at the maximum (5), which means that the maximum return temperature is of 50C. However, in my short experience, it never goes beyond 25C, and actually it is stable there. I think that this is normal since the supply temperature is of 35C, correct?

3. According to the district heating provider (sorry, it is in Dutch - Section 2.1 of https://ennatuurlijk.nl/sites/default/files/2021-11/Standaard Conditions Binnen Installaties.pdf), I must supply return water with a temperature between 30 and 35 degrees . But I believe I never went above 25C... And even if I were able to reach higher temperature, should I set the knob such that it will never deliver a return above 35C? I guess this means setting the knob at level 2?

4. Is 35C temperature okay for PVC floor, or what is a good temperature?

5. What would the right return temperature be?

6. How do I turn off the floor heating (besides using the thermostat)? Do I need to set the B knob (supply water temperature) at low temperature (below 20C)? Or do I need to set the M knob (return temperature) at level 0?

7. The water pump is set at speed 1 (out of 3) with constant differential pressure. is this ok?

Thank you!

Reply to Understanding floor heating settings/controls in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock