Search the forum,

Discuss Understanding CH pressure vessel settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Valliant regular boiler. Earlier in the year I had several radiators replaced and a pressure vessel fitted in place of the FE tank.
The red pointer is set to 0.75 bar and the black pointer is at about the same point.
My questions are...
Is 0.75 the correct setting?
What should the black pointer be doing both when the system is at rest and running?
Do you have to check the pressure in the vessel and if so what's the process?
It's not that I particularly want to get involved, I have it regularly serviced but I'd like to have a better idea of what's going on.

When cold the black needle will be lower then when the system water is hot. Any pictures? 0.75 is a little low in my opinion. No you don’t charge the vessel yourself.

Thanks for the quick reply. The system has been off for 3 hours or so, but hot water tank is full. Photos attached.

Attachments

• P8030007.JPG
    P8030007.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 18
  • P8030008.JPG
    P8030008.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 16
  • P8030009.JPG
    P8030009.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 16
  • P8030010.JPG
    P8030010.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 17

Reply to Understanding CH pressure vessel settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock