Search the forum,

Discuss Undersink instanous water heater in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Is there an under sink electric water heater say 10kw. That will work to supply the hot water for a kitchen sink?

Yes, loads of them. Instantaneous water heater or in-line water heater eg toolstation/screwfix etc etc.
I’ve never fitted one as we have hard water here, I have removed about four and replaced them with 10 litre unvented units which I think are far superior - certainly for where we live.

Yes, loads of them. Instantaneous water heater or in-line water heater eg toolstation/screwfix etc etc.
I’ve never fitted one as we have hard water here, I have removed about four and replaced them with 10 litre unvented units which I think are far superior - certainly for where we live.
Thanks that's kind what I want to know are they any instantaneous ones that are really up to the job?

Well think of it as an electric shower, which it is very similar to. So in winter you will get poor flow, but workable.
A small unvented gives you mains pressure and flow, but small volume of stored. Reheat is quick so I have many customers that are very happy with them.

Well think of it as an electric shower, which it is very similar to. So in winter you will get poor flow, but workable.
A small unvented gives you mains pressure and flow, but small volume of stored. Reheat is quick so I have many customers that are very happy with them.
Thanks I'm wondering if you have to fit a flow restrictor to the tap or a spray head adapter. To slow the flow down to make them work.

If your customer is the type that will turn the tap on full and then complain that it’s cold, despite you showing them that for really hot water they must turn it on much less. Then yes, fit a flow restrictor!!

Reply to Undersink instanous water heater in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock