Search the forum,

Discuss Underground wet washing machine waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. I need to run my washing machine waste outside, underground and connect to my soil sewer. I have enough fall into the sewer but where it goes underground around my conservatory for about 20 metres the pipe will remain full of waste water. Is that permitable or is there a solution?

Good evening,

I’m not sure it is, that’s a heck of a run. Building regulations document H will provide accurate information. What’s the reasoning behind it all? Is there an alternative solution? Any photos/diagrams of current install/proposal?

Can it not be pumped via a sani flow type pump to existing drainage ? I would not do what you are proposing. It may even be notifiable to building control best to contact them to check . Kop

Good evening,

I’m not sure it is, that’s a heck of a run. Building regulations document H will provide accurate information. What’s the reasoning behind it all? Is there an alternative solution? Any photos/diagrams of current install/proposal?
We've just moved into a property and noticed the previous owner had run the washing machine waste straight into the ground. Our surveyor didn't pick it up. Apparently there's a foul sewer that runs through the garden close by but, looking at the levels, it must be at least 6ft deep and no excess for a digger. Plus not sure how accurate the plans are. I have another alternatative to run a drain 30m under a block paved drive but that it subject to levels giving me enough fall. I'm scratching my head for a number of options so thank you for your replies.

20m, wow you are talking major underground drainage here that will require the excavation and laying of new sewerage pipes (not just putting in a 40mm waste pipe) connecting to the existing mains sewer. this will require building regs approval and is notifiable. This seems a heck of a lot of work & expense for just a washing machine. There must be alternative solutions you can explore. A layout/plan or photo's of the building would be useful so we can try and find the best way forward for you.

Are there no nearby foul gullies, soil pipe, or does everything go underground?
No nothing. They blocked up the front door and used the hallway as the utility room. All the foul pipes are at the back. I do have another option to turn a small study into a utility room with the soil pipes under the window but the misses isn't happy about it. The cost of the other options, confirmed by you guys, may sway her. Thanks for your help.

Why can you not have your washing machine next to your kitchen sink waste and fit a new connector to run it from there?

Why can you not have your washing machine next to your kitchen sink waste and fit a new connector to run it from there?
The wife doesn't like that idea. Latest option is to pump it with a submersible pump in a barrel/tank. Just need to find the most appropriate pump.

Reply to Underground wet washing machine waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock