Search the forum,

Discuss Underground drainage problem i have to deal with in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

I wouldnt normally do drainage of this type but its a big company i do work for so dont want to pass it on to

Water leaking up through a concrete floor in part of the factory they know their waste water its all coloured water form the water based ink waste they pour down. So my plan is to dig down to the clay drain assuming it is clay. Cut it out and connect a new a new piece. Can someone suggest the best way to connect a new piece of drain.

thanks in advance

As long as you have room, a good clean square cut either side of fracture/bad joint
Short piece of underground 4" connected with a rubber slip coupler either end
Don't remember the name of the connectors, but they have stainless jubilee clips on either side giving you a bit of leeway with the size
Plenty of sizes to chose from

ww.ebay.co.uk/bhp/rubber-coupling
This sort of thing

http://www.polypipe.com/building-pr...ge/flexicon-flexible-rubber-couplers-adaptors
First link didn't work try this
RPM got closer than me with the name

Last edited:
I`m thinking Flexcon or Fenox coupler or is that only for smaller pipes?

Last edited:
Think I may have seen these larger rubber couplers in Wickes.

Toolstation stock couplers in standard sizes, for a greater range you might have to use a plumbers merchant. Find and measure pipe before buying coupling, some old salt glazed pipe is much larger than supersleeve.
Backfill with shingle surround to limit settlement and protect pipes from further damage.

If its old earthenware/clay, dig out all around and below, mark where you want to make your two cuts to add in new section of pipe, cut in twice half way down once where you want to cut and once 4-6 inches in then remove top section of pipe so you can get grinder in and cut all the way through

Then just two jubilee connectors and some pipe

Williams do them
[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/miscellaneous/flexible-couplers.html"]Flexible Couplers - Miscellaneous | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underground drainage problem i have to deal with in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
I live in an ex local authority end terrace house. I am unsure if I have an underground leak from a water pipe? Scottish Water tell me they can't help as there is no loss of water pressure and it's beyond the pavement. The tarmac at both corners are often damp, the front corner looks like the...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
About to submit some drainage plans to building regs so I was hoping that the wonderful people on here would give some views on what they would likely object to as it's easier to make changes before submitting than after. Assuming the gradients are within spec does anything look out of place...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock