Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating zone getting warm with system turned off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys hope you can help, I have a wet underfloor heating system and have 6 zones, the problem I'm having is one of the zones is getting warm even though the master thermostat/controller is turned off, the pump is not being switched on so is not circulating through the system. I have an 'Ideal Esprit eco' combi boiler which works well only 2 years old. The room stat failed in the room which is getting warm and was replaced with a similar replacement. Hope someone can shed some light on the problem for me.
Thanks

As far as I am aware when the heating system main thermostat/controller is off no power is going to the 2 port valve by the the manifold.
The replacement stat is a three wire and yes it was wired correctly perm live, switch live and neutral all in the correct terminals.
When the floor gets warm the pump is not working also none of the lights on the display for the actuators are on, but the floor still gets warm.

The zone valve may have died in the open position, allowing heat to travel through if the rads are on...... assuming you have rads

Nope haven't got any rads as such we have two towel rails in the bathrooms working off the master bedroom zone and the other on the bathroom zone which hasn't got a room stat.
I checked the polypipes by the manifold and none of them are getting warm/hot same as the flow and return at the pump.
manifold.JPG

Find the circuit that feeds that room and change the actuator at the manifold, while you have it drained down you might as well change the flow glass? It will be under the actuator

Call manufacture on manifold for parts

Hi guys thanks for the advice, I had a look at the boiler and there are two setting on one of the controls, one for heating and hot water and one for hot water only, I switched to the hot water only and now the floor doesn't get warm, it is a mystery though as to why it got hot/warm without the a demand from the room stat and even with the heating system turned off. It'll be no chore to use the boiler switch. Thanks once again for taking the time to answer my query.

Hi Guys hope you can help, I have a wet underfloor heating system and have 6 zones, the problem I'm having is one of the zones is getting warm even though the master thermostat/controller is turned off, the pump is not being switched on so is not circulating through the system. I have an 'Ideal Esprit eco' combi boiler which works well only 2 years old. The room stat failed in the room which is getting warm and was replaced with a similar replacement. Hope someone can shed some light on the problem for me.
Thanks

Likely a result of the actuator on that circuit is letting by & the boiler pump is circulating enough water to heat the UFH

Reply to Underfloor heating zone getting warm with system turned off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock