Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating Suggestions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

capezz

We've just moved into a house where there is underfloor heating in the lounge. It's not a big lounge yet there are 2 x Heatmiser PRT-WTS controllers - one for the front and one for the back.

The Heatmiser controllers no longer work (Heatmiser say they're too old and I need new ones) but they did work a few months ago and the previous owners confirmed the heated flooring works.

Under the stairs is a Heatmiser receiver. And a long Pulsar Infloor 'Alpha Basis' 230V electrical device.

So, I need to buy new controllers and a receiver. Can anyone please advise which controller & receiver (not necessarily Heatmiser) would be compatible and suitable for us based on these needs:

1. we don't need the lounge to be split into 2 zones. 1 zone is OK
2. we would like wireless controllers so that I don't need to install electrical wiring
3. we don't want controllers that are operated using an app or anything which requires a wifi connection. We've had a bad experience in the past of devices didn't work when our wifi connection was weak

Thanks in advance for suggestions

There not battery eg your existing ones ?

There not battery eg your existing ones ?
Yes - existing ones are battery - have attached photos. Thanks
IMG_6879.jpg
IMG_6879.jpg
IMG_6610.jpg

Have you tried leaving the batteries out for a day and then new fresh ones in ?

Have you tried leaving the batteries out for a day and then new fresh ones in ?
Yes. I’ve tried all that. Didn’t want to bore everyone with info on how I’ve tested and re-tested the controllers but suffice to say - and Heatmiser confirmed this - they no longer work. They are unresponsive - constantly illuminated with all symbols showing. Nothing (not even letting batteries run to empty or disconnecting and reconnecting batteries) works. I’m very sure I need a new controller and perhaps receiver too.

Would really love a few suggestions as to what to buy

Thanks so much

New heat miser set up eg uh 8 rf or 4 rf depending on zones and neo v2 rf

You have a 4 port manifold so doing two rooms ?

Picture of the manifold please

Reply to Underfloor Heating Suggestions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock