Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating Pump Settings in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

K

Kunal_P

Hello,

I have a piped underfloor heating system in the kitchen. The valve/mixer/pump unit is under the stairs.

It has a number of settings and a digital display. Settings include PP1, PP2, CP1, CP2, I, II, III, Auto, a number followed by W, and what looks like a night mode setting.

When I leave the settings on Auto, the W number drops to approx 7. However, when there is demand (via the thermostat) afor the underfloor heating, it will not heat up, and the W stays at 7.

When I change the setting to III, everything fires up, I can hear the pump working, and the W increases to 45, and the floor heats up well.

However, when there is no demand, the W stays at 45 and I can hear the pump continue to run constantly - not very efficient.

Any ideas what I need to do here? I have a picture: New item by Kunal Pandya - https://photos.app.goo.gl/tLaNr5wUX9LYvSFm6

W is the power in watts.
You can forget about the Auto mode, 7W will pump nothing, a CP (constant pressure) mode would be the best choice for UFH, can you post the make/model of pump and the best setting can be selected. The pump should be switched out when the the temperature reaches the set point, assuming you are talking about a room thermostat?.

Sounds like it’s wired wrong as the pump should only come on when the floor / zones need heat

W is the power in watts.
You can forget about the Auto mode, 7W will pump nothing, a CP (constant pressure) mode would be the best choice for UFH, can you post the make/model of pump and the best setting can be selected. The pump should be switched out when the the temperature reaches the set point, assuming you are talking about a room thermostat?.

Hi John G,

Thanks for the reply. I’m not sure who the manufacturer is. Here is all I can see: New item by Kunal Pandya - https://photos.app.goo.gl/FJfs7htaRizKidXg8

I will try the CP settings and see what this does. Thanks.

Looks like a rebadged Tucson so CP1 or CP2, would seem the most appropriate.
Can you post a photo of the manifold and the total flow rate as per the flow tubes (if installed), also boiler flow temperature and manifold flow & return temperatures.
You must/should get the wiring problem or whatever is causing continuous manifold pump running, sorted.

Reply to Underfloor Heating Pump Settings in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock