Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating pricing in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have a 600 Meter square new build commercial job to install UH . I am mainly a domestic plumber and this job is quite big for me.
And i was wondering if i could get some ideas on how to price the labour. looking around 2 weeks to complete the job with 2 men and a apprentice. any help would be great. thankyou .

Bit hard to give advice from your post.

How many manifolds?
Boiler: How many?
System controls?
Manifold mains back to boiler?

Rough estimate - 30 circuits & 80+ kW boiler.

It's not the laying of coils that's the issue, it's the design of the layout, running mains back to boiler, the controls, the electrics, the boiler installation, the boiler configuration / setup.

Jobs that size are generally not a 'turn key' job. You will be back stuffing around with with things after completion.

For all of you:
1 day for marking out.
3 days for laying coils.
2 days for mains.
1 day for manifold installation.
1 day for testing.

Plus days for boiler installation, control wiring, thermostat setup, flueing, commissioning & probably 16 hours on the job for aftercare / ancilliary's after completion of installation.

Vague - I know, but hope it helps

Speedfit will design and give you material list for underfloor.
You've already said 2 weeks for 2 plus one.

Work out your labour then add to it your materials plus %

Two gotcha's that may or may not be applicable in your circumstances:

1. Keep in mind that if, your bread and butter is domestic work, by taking on a large commercial project you may have to have to turn away new customers and disappoint old ones while you're tied up. They're going to find someone else and you'll need to find replacements.

2. Check the contract carefully for what happens, for example, if you get ill and can't complete the work on time. Some contracts are very risky if you don't have a big enough team to handle contingencies.

Reply to Underfloor heating pricing in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock