Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating - manifold valve leak in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My underfloor heating has sprung a leak where one of the pipes reaches the manifold. I have tried giving it a bit of a clean and tightening it, but to no avail. Every time I re-pressurise the system is goes again.

Is it as simple as shutting off the water supply to the heating and replacing the valve myself? I'm fairly happy doing most DIY, I just don't have that much experience with plumbing.

I have attached an image showing the valve where the leak originates. I can't see any issue with the pipe itself and so am assuming it is the seal in the valve?

Any thoughts much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_5906.jpg
    IMG_5906.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 22
Where’s it leaking from the top brass nut or the plastic nut

Reply to Underfloor heating - manifold valve leak in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, gotta a bit of an issue with refilling my underfloor heating. Am I right in saying that the flow meters along the manifold should be on the top rail, but as you can see they are at the bottom? Also have I got to loosen off the electrical actuators at the top to refill the system? Cheers
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual service and the engineer commented that the water looked discoloured and that the inhibitor needed replacing?? Is this an easy procedure? I'm pretty...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock