Search the forum,

Discuss underfloor heating control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guitey

A neighbour has asked me to pipe up some underfloor heating in her conservatory that is being built, the builder laid out the pipe under the floor and has screeded over it and the 2 ends are coming up in the corner. I have only fitted underfloor heating twice before and both times they had multiple rooms and had them all piped into a manifold with controls on, but as this is just one room im wondering what type of control to fit. Could I get an inline thermostatic valve?

yes use a mixing valve to regulate to 50 Degrees C and thermostat and timer

depending on whats existing you may need zone valves etc
as the UFH is on for way longer than the rad circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to underfloor heating control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hello, Have had a leak on my UFH manifold. Originally incorrectly diagnosed as being the nuts/washer to the pump, it now looks like it's coming from this thermostatic valve. Have tried googling "ufh thermostatic valve" and none of them look like this or have connectors like this (guessing part...
Replies
Views
Got an underfloor heating to install and Ive done a few repairs on manifolds etc but this is the first design and install for me. Advice and tip requested. The job is a kitchen extension with under floor heating this .will be added to the existing rad heated house. The new heated areas will be...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock